The theif

When Adeline got home she skipped up the stone steps and to the door. When she opened the door she expected her family to be in the sitting room, as usual.

So she walked into the small, wooden floored sitting room. The couch was empty and the tv was off. Huh.. That's weird.

Next she checked her brothers bedroom, he wasn't in there. More frantically she ran to her parents room the door was open and things were sprawled around. Ripped books, the bed sheet acrossed the floor. The dresser looked like it had been hit and was indented.

Her moms jewelry was all gone! "Mom!" She yelled, "dad!" She was on the floor crying. "MOM!!!" She screamed the names over and over but no one answered.

They were gone.
She got up and as quick as she could she ran to get the phone. "911 what's the emergency?" A sweet lady's voice came over the phone almost like her mothers. She sobbed. "M-my parents and brother are gone, they took all my moms jewelry!"

"Oh no, sweetie. They didn't take all her jewelry." The old lady spoke. What? How could she know that? Adeline didn't know what to think. She couldn't think of what to say.

"Look in the box under the bed, hon" Adeline was frightened but she did as what she was told. The police would never hurt her right? She ran up the steps and to her parents bedroom.

Searching under the bed she found a box with hand printed upon it, and something oval shaped on its palm. She looked closer it was an eye.

"Now you're hand darling," Adeline jumped she'd forgot the old lady was still on the phone with her. She placed her hand upon the other on the box.

It made a clicking sound then opened Adeline gasped at what she saw. It was a ring with a silver band and glowing with a shady gray color, moonstone.

"It's gorgeous isn't it!" The old lady chuckled. "Well go on dear, put it on."
Adeline put the ring on her middle finger it was to big but it adjusted in size to fit. Adeline was astonished, but when she realized this was her mothers the shock hit her again.

"Look ma'am my family is gone, they've been taken." Adeline said.

"That's you're job," the old ladies sweet voice replied.

"Excuse me?" Adeline was starting to get angry. "You're the police! My family has been taken, TAKEN if you didn't hear. Why are you showing me my moms jewelry while you can be out there trying to find them?"

"I'm sorry Adeline you have to find them, use the ring. It has power," how did the old lady know her name? She didn't have time for this! This lady has lost it!

"Okay, ma'am can you put me on the phone maybe with a sane person please?" The old lady actually laughed.

"That ring has been in our family for generations Adeline it has power that you would never believe."

"Our family?" Adeline pieced it together realization hit her like a brick, "grandma?"

"Yes dear, now have you put on the ring?"

"Yes," Adeline was still annoyed out of all people you'd think she'd care that her daughter, son in law and grandson were taken.

"Now cup you're hands together and imagine something." Her grandma spoke. Adeline cupped her hands, feeling stupid she imagined her family all sitting in the living room together laughing. When she opened her eyes the same image was dancing acrossed her fingers. She screamed throwing her hands apart.

"Wow," Adeline was astonished. It's does have power!

"That is only the beginning," her grandmother rasped. "I'm sorry Adeline dear, but I must go before anyone tracks our call. Use the ring to find you're family. Go to you're friend Elizabeth's house she knows. She has power to are family has entrusted hers to take care of you if anything like this ever happened. Now go." Adeline's grandma hung up.

Adeline couldn't believe it. She stood there the phone still pressed upon her ear. Save you're family. Go Adeline. She got up quickly to pack a bag. When she did she walked out side closing her eyes tight and holding her hand out.

I need transportation. I need something to get me to my friends house. She concentrated hard. When she opened her eyes there was a hot pink motorcycle in front of her.

"Sweet!" She said. Good thing she had dirt bike lessons ever sense she was nine.

And off to Elizabeth's she went.

I'm sorry guys but I had to add some action ;) hehe
I don't really plan what happens next in my stories so I can't tell you about my next chapter. Sorry

If I have any grammar errors or anything please let me know I've been working all morning on this just don't expect me to upload a chapter everyday please. I only uploaded this one because i felt bad the last one was boring.