Chapter 1

Walking through the dark streets, which was only lit by the street lights slightly, You held onto your bag as it hung from your shoulder, pulling out your phone and turning it on made it illuminate a bright light as you had it in front of your eyes, pulling out earphones and plugging them in, you opened a music on and put your favourite song on. Shoving your earphones in your ears, you continue to walk not really having anywhere to go, so all you could do was to wonder around.

You had ended up at the park and had been sitting on the swings for a while listening to music you looked at the time on your phone it was just past midnight, and your phone was nearly out of charge so you shoved it in your bag, pulling your earphones out of your ears you then heard music, it wasn't too far from where she was maybe just around the corner, it wasn't loud but it was just loud enough for you to hear and become curious. Walking towards the music, it was very upbeat and fast, you continued to follow the sound until you had found the source, there was someone dancing? it was too dark to tell but there was music playing, they were alone here, dancing, you watched and didn't disturb however was dancing, but from what you could see they were very good at what they were doing.

The dancer soon finished and at stopped turning off the music, you had only arrived halfway through, so you stood there not really saying anything, you didn't want to say anything, and seem creepy, so you decided to turn around and walk off before the person noticed you, but it was too late you had been spotted but that dancing stranger "hey there" they had said, it sounded like a man, his voice was calm and smooth... well sort of ... assuming it was a male, he was out of breath, you turned back around to face him, you couldn't see his face at all due to the light, and he had a hood over his head, but he stood there with his hands in pockets.

You stood there for a while in silence, it had been about 5 minutes of awkward silence before you decided you needed to leave "I'm sorry for disturbing you" you had said quickly before you quickly walked off and ended back at the park sighing "shit that was awkward" you said as you sat on the ground in the far corner of the park, you laid your head on your bag and closed your eye, yawning and slowly drifting off into a slumber.

You had woken up to curious children and angry parents staring at you as you slept, you had forgotten that you were at the park for a second before shooting up, grabbing your stuff and running off. You had continued running until your legs started to ache, you weren't much of a runner, stopping to catch your breath sitting on a bench looking at the cars driving past and the people and monsters walking around, you had gotten used to seeing monsters around, after all, it had been a year or so since they had arrived at the surface, most of then were very kind so you didn't mind. After a while of resting you stood up once again.

Going to a cafe to grab at least a coffee, pulling out your wallet you looked into it and groaned looking in your empty wallet, you had nothing at all, you had forgotten that all your money had been taken from you the day before, you stood at the counter with an angry cashier in front of you waiting, you looked up to the lady and frowned "I'm sorr..." you had been cut off but the man behind you, well skeleton once you looked at him, he was tall "DO NOT WORRY HUMAN I SHALL PAY FOR YOU" he said, he had seen your empty wallet and your sad expression, and he put money on the counter and ordered his as well, he was ordering a lot. You were staring at this tall energetic skeleton for a while till both your orders had arrived, walking outside with him, the least you could do was help him carry his drinks, "HUMAN, I THE GREAT PAPYRUS AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE" he has said in his loud bombastic tone, making you smile "It is nice to meet you, I'm (Y/N), and its nothing, thank you for paying for my coffee" you said smiled slightly as you looked up at him as you two continued to walk down the street and talk.

His house was not far from the small cafe, but once you took a look at his house it was huge, and he just casually walks in with half the coffee's in his hand, you catch up to him after shaking the shock out of you, this was something you weren't used to houses like this at all, you walked in after him, he had walked into the kitchen and on your way there, it looked like he was definitely not the only one living here, that's for sure, there were many others. They didn't really notice you while you were walking through the house as they were only too busy with their own business, well that was until Papyrus loud voice called everyone into the kitchen, then they had noticed you very clearly, as you stood next to Papyrus, you watched as other monsters piled into the kitchen, there were a tall goat lady and a male goat who had followed her in, sort of like a lost puppy, then there was a tall fish lady and a short yellow dinosaur/lizard? then followed a robot, who seemed awfully familiar but you ignored that, after him was a ghost who was very quiet compared to the others and was practically latched onto the robot man, then a short human child came in and was picked up by the goat lady, they all looked at me and some smiled, and some just stood there with blank expressions. After a while papyrus spoke again "WHERE IS SANS!?" they nearly all smiled at him, the robot spoke up "Papy dear~, he is still asleep it looks like he had gotten in late last night" and papyrus went stomping upstairs leaving you to deal with this on your own.

The goat lady holding the child finally spoke up "Hello there child, I am Toriel" you smiled at her calm motherly tone, it was soothing and it had broken the ice for everyone then next one to speak was the fish lady "Hey Punk! I'm Undyne" she said with a very toothy grin and she picked up the short yellow dinosaur/lizard lady "and this is my Girlfriend!" she said proudly which made you giggle a bit, the Dino/Lizard lady Undyne was holding had a huge blush on her face "o-oh u-u-um I'm A-Alphys, I-Its um a pleasure to m-meet you" she said shyly, she was so cute, your focus was soon put onto the robot "well darling!~ of course I'm the fabulous mettaton!" he said, he gave off an extremely flamboyant attitude, you then remembered seeing him on television, now you remembered, but he soon broke you out of your thoughts once again as he pointed down to the ghost "and this is my darling cousin Napstablook!, he is really shy" he said with a slight chuckle and the ghost looked down and blushed, 'aww cute' you thought as you looked around at everyone before your eyes went to the only ones who hadn't introduced themselves but toriel stepped in "well this is frisk" she said signalling to frisk "and the big doof behind me is Asgore" she said with a bit more of an annoyed tone, "well its nice to meet you all, I'm (Y/N)" you smiled before you saw Papyrus come back down the stairs with a shorter figure following him, his hood up and he was slow, you looked at him and tilted your head he looked like the one you had seen dancing last night, he suddenly stopped when he had seen you and you two just stared at each other.