Chapter 4

The next few days were spend with me looking at my cellphone day an night, nonstop. Waiting for a text from Louis, or the next text, since he actually was obsessed with messaging the whole day.
Even when he was in class, which I find it to be quiet irresponsible, he'd send me silly texts like 'the boy in front of me keeps poking his nose, I think he lost something in there'.
And I had to pretend to drop my pen every few minutes so I could hide under my desk and reply quickly, suppressing my giggles behind my hand.

But not everything was perfect, after the first time Louis text me, which was one amazing message and had yet to be deleted, I received the very next morning a text from Eleanor.
The message had been simple and demanding 'Meet me at lunch, you know where'.
By the time I got to the place she had assigned as our meeting place, I was scared.
The message hadn't been nice or sweet more like a direct order I had to obey, which I did since I didn't want any of her popular friends to come and punch me.
She likely already knew that I fancied Louis and he had given me a ride home yesterday, she probably was here to murder me where no one else could see or hear.

When she got there, she was looking at me with narrowed eyes, expecting me to acknowledge her first or something. I let out a sigh, ready to let all out and apologize but before I could let out a word her face broke into a big grin, showing her teeth and making her lips almost disappear.

"Marcel, you wont believe what happened yesterday!" she said excitedly, not waiting for my response. "When I got home I received a message from Louis asking me to go to a date with him!" she continued, almost jumping up and down in her place.
And I stood there dumbfounded, feeling hot liquid travel from my chest to my neck and to my face. Making my heart drop and my eyes widen.I felt my jaw clench trying to prevent myself from screaming or crying, didn't know what yet.
"Oh god, it was the most amazing first date ever.He bought me my favorite milkshake and we talked for hours about everything and when we got to my house we stayed outside talking for a few more hours. He is really sweet and he is so handsome! I really cant believe my luck" she finished, letting out a small breath and looking satisfied.

I stayed quiet for a few minutes, deciding what should I say to her. Should I congratulate her, tell her that they'd make a beautiful couple together? Or should I tell her that I liked Louis as well, and I intended to.. to do something about it?

"Wow, I-I am happy for you" I told her with a small smile, pushing my glasses from the edge of my nose. "For both of you, you will make a bea-beautiful couple." and I probably didn't look so enthusiastic about the idea, but I tried my best with the war that was starting inside myself, making my chest constrict and my stomach turn.

This was me, giving up the idea of Louis and me together,which was the most foolish, absurd and laughable idea I have ever had. Louis was handsome, sweet and popular. Even if he was practically new to school, almost everyone knew about him and his brother. Louis got accepted to the soccer team with little trouble after the reference he had from his previous school and Liam was nice, intelligent and good looking which was just what you needed to be liked by everyone else.
And me, well lets not do this right now.

But maybe if I tried, I could still be his friend a real friend without ridiculous feelings on the way.

"Marcel" someone poked my arm, but I was so absorbed trying to finish the last chapter of the book I was currently reading that didn't notice it.
"Marceeeel. Hey Marcel" still poking my arm.
"MARCEL!" I jumped, making the book fall from my hand, moving my hand over my heart.
"God, L-Louis you scared me" I said frowning at him, which made him pout.
"I have been trying to get your attention, and you were ignoring me!" he finished, crossing his arms across his chest, making him look more like a little child having a fit.
We were currently sitting on the grass of a small park that wasn't far away from school, it was really greenish and had lots of trees, and not many people went there.