Chapter One: The Beginning

I was guided by a woman with rough, scratchy hands. I wasnt very use to them, though even when I rested my hands, her steel grip kept my hand in hers... We walked to the backyard it had seemed. I touched a fence... The smell of fresh cut grass and maybe metal had hit my nose.

"Sakuya, sweetie," I heard the woman call a name. I squeezed onto my bear my mother had left me before giving me away.

"Mom! " I heard a little voice yell. He was about my age, I think. The mother yanked the bear away from me, making me pat around for it.

"This one has a disability, " she had muttered. "Play nicely..."

I didn't know what that meant at the time. I sat and began to sniffle, not being able to find my teddy bear.

I felt a stare, and listened carefully. I could hear the thumping of the boy's small feet. I reached for his hand and felt it....

"Is your mom as good as mine?" he asked me. I shrugged and fiddled with my thumbs.

"I don't have my mom anymore," I had spoke softly. I realized the boy was older than me. "She gave me away... Sometimes, everyone thinks they have the best mom... "

I heard the kid sit down and give me the bear. I smiled and thanked him.

"Wanna play tag? " I had asked him.

"Sure, but, " he mumbled. "Your eyes... Won't you run into something...?"

"I learn from my mistakes! " I smiled, getting on my feet. "That's what my mom told me to do if I get into a predicament! Everytime I fell, she wouldn't pick me up! She'd let me solve my own problems!"

It was silent. I looked over to where I heard Sakuya last. "Sakuya?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
20 years later...

"And why didn't you get the soap then? " I questioned. "It was half off I heard... "

"I gotta go to work," he mumbled. "Don't hurt yourself while I'm gone." I tried to stop him to nag at him more. I felt like a silly mom, making me chuckle. I got up and felt my way into the kitchen. I was making tea at the moment, with with my stupid roomate's help, but he had to leave for damned work. What's with him and his work... It's like he's obsessed with it. I never really got his childhood or where he came from... All I knew was that I was spared...

That day when we first met, when I walked away from our playdate, I was called 'lucky and 'special'. I never understood what that meant. I still don't, and sadly, Sakuya won't explain either. Though, I still care for him and depend on him dearly...

I had moved my hand around, trying to find the pot of tea I was making. With no luck, I sighed and moved down to the other side of the kitchen. I felt for a clue that I was on the right side, only to get my hand to be snatched into someone's hand.

"Are you crazy? " I heard Sakuya's voice. " You were right by the stove and you could've burned yourself! Stop feeling around in the kitchen... We all got a break from the case we were investigating... What do you want from the kitchen..."

"I-I didn't mean to, " I whispered, blushing as my hand was let go. Sakuya wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight. He eased his soft loving voice to a nice sigh. "Sakuya... Thank you."

There was a knock on the door, making me able to get out of his death hug and find my way to the door. I twisted the knob and opened it.

"Hello, " a female had spoken.

"Sakuya-chan!" I yelled for Sakuya, hoping he'd talk to the woman. Sakuya had made his way into the living room. That way he walked made it clear as day.

"Tsunemori," I heard Sakuya speak. "Come in. I wasn't expecting visitors on my day off. "

"Sorry for the intrusion."

"The tea! " I whined, trying to get into the kitchen, only to be grabbed my collar.

"I'll get the tea, " Sakuya had sighed. I heard him walking away making me turn and smile at the woman.

"Hello, " she smiled. "My name is Akane Tsunemori. "

I began to get red, it seemed. I shook my head and looked somewhere instead of here. I whimpered softly, scared to talk to her. I've only been in contact with my mother, Sakuya's mother, and Sakuya... Never anybody else...

Turns out, Sakuya had to leave again so I drunk the tea alone... There was rain, it seemed. The air conditioning came on as well. There was shifting, I heard it. Soon footsteps, not like Sakuya's at all. I still called his name though.

"Sakuya-chan, " I called out. "I accidentally burned myself with the stove again... Silly me... Do you want me to sleep with you again like the night before...?"

I felt something cold touch my back. It shifted as it moved to my forehead. "You're clear for a blind man, " someone muttered. "We might need you... Come with me... "

I didn't want to move. "No, " I muttered. "Only Sakuya tells me where to go... "

"Well let's pretend I'm Sakuya for a while, " he breathed. "Sakuya wants you to come with him... "

"No."

"You little..."

I felt blood run down the side of my face as I was hit in the head by the object that was placed on my head. I whimpered, collapsing onto my knees, feeling the side of my head. The throbbing sensation wouldn't stop. It kept burning, bringing me more pain as the cool air of the air conditioner ran over it.

I finally fought my last and collapsed....