Chapter 4

Class was okay, it would have been better hadn't I been oblivious to everything going on, my mind filled with questions about Maya's writing. So I blindly walk through the day, impervious to anything mentioned to me throughout the day, waiting to get back to the dorm, to maybe get a glimpse of the next chapter. It was simply writing on a piece of paper, somehow managing to take over any other thoughts I was having. It's funny how such little things can have such a big impact. I run through debates in my head, such as if I should read more tonight, such as theories about who he was, such as what had happened to her and why.
-=+=-
I open the white door to my dorm, Brandon already waiting, diary in his right hand, a can of Pepsi in his left.
"How did you...?"
"Lucky guess, now get over here" He says and pats on the bed next to him. I walk over and sit down, scared of what we'll find next. I was about to tell him we should just stick to the rule but before words left my mouth he opened the diary to the second page.
-=+=-
June 7th

Today was amazing, he actually talked to me, like a normal conversation! I know I sound like a classic boy-crazy teenager but I'm so happy! The conversation didn't last long but it still happened! He's so mysterious and cool, I hope he talks to me again. He talked a lot about his dad and how he was never the same after his mom died, but I kind of tuned the rest out while I stared at his face, which I now really hope he didn't notice...

Maya

-=+=-

A.N. Sorry this chapter was so short, but the next few chapters should be really interesting ;)
-Avery