Chapter 5 - Half Dead

Blood was sprayed all over the ground.

I was totally shocked. Mortified, even.

Everything happened right in front of me.

The security guard that was alive a few seconds ago is now half dead. Okay, that is a pun, because half of him is probably inside the thing that was chasing me a while ago. He's probably alive, he's probably dead. We don't really know, Schrodinger's thought experiment. We don't know until we actually see it. But yeah, sooner or later, he's dead. It's just a matter of when. 

How did that happen?

Well, it was really quite fast. The thing suddenly shot out from the ground and ate the guy, or half of him.

The cat-human hybrid was currently munching on what I assume is the security guard. He was looking at me. My eyes has adjusted quite a bit now, and I can see that the head was of a male's, and the top of his head was almost cleared of hair, only having hair around his head, much like some sort of ancient samurai. The age of the head was somewhere in the 60's, because the head looked old and the skin had wrinkles, that made him look older.

I hear a few crunches as he munches on the security guard that I was talking to a few seconds ago.

This time, my sanity bar went really low. Because let's face it, it is disgusting. And the idea of someone being munched on literally is not the best idea of a good time in mind.

I also had a few blood stains splattered all over my shirt, apparently from when the half of the body smacked into the ground, some of it went to my shirt. If that wasn't the explanation for the blood here, I don't know what the right one is.

All I know now is true despair. My heart was literally banging against my chest. Okay, not literally, but I had to say it to prove a point. And that point is me being totally scared shitless right now.

It's like seeing how I'm going to die a few seconds later on, when I make a mistake like standing still until it eats me, much like what I’m doing right now.

And now, I have to run.

I turned around.

To my surprise, I saw a girl running towards me.

She was wearing a cardigan with a white blouse underneath, blue jeans and black and white sneakers.

She was shouting something at me, but I was too busy thinking how it feels to be chewed  by that thing to notice earlier.

"RRRUUUUNNN!!!" She screamed.

A jolt of electricity ran through my body. I remembered that I wanted to live after all. I didn't want to share the fate of this guard that died in one fell swoop, or let's say, in a single bite.

Heh. Me and my dark humor.

Without further hesitation, I ran for my life.

The girl was running towards me. The distance between us became shorter and shorter, that was when I recognized her.

She was the same girl that slept on my shoulder on the bus this morning. Indeed, she was pretty.

But then, she ran by me, and towards the thing.

I'm not that smart, but I'm sure there was something wrong with that scenario. She was running towards the cat-human creature. I am pretty sure she couldn't outrun that thing, let alone fight it.

I can't let her suffer the same fate as the guy in white with the gun that died a while ago. I knew what I had to do.

I stopped and ran to her.

I'm not a hero, but I'm not gonna let another person die in my stead. 

I immediately reached her, and grabbed her by the hand to stop her.

She looked at me like I was someone insane. She was the insane one to just rush headlong into battle here.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" she said, her eyes staring wide at me. She was surely annoyed.

"Don't tell me you intend to fight that thing. That guy had a gun,” I pointed at the half-dead guy, all pun intended “and he died without even knowing what happened to him. You are a girl and you don't have a weapon to top it off."

I saw her grimace when I stated that she was a girl. It seems I touched a nerve or something. Apparently, I was a little sexist.

She shook off my hand. I didn't even realize that I held at all that time. I'm so lucky; I touched a girl's hand, and a pretty one at that.

Great. I'm about to die and I'm still thinking like a fucking pervert. 

Obviously, during the exchange, the feline thing, Gosh, I need to think of a name for that creature, was able to close the distance between us.

The girl looked behind her, and saw the creature.

The semi-bald old head on the cat-human was smiling. Whatever it was, it was smiling like it’s about to rape a little girl. Well, it kind of fit the criteria, there's a girl in front of it, and she was little compared to the size of it. I don't know how the rape thing could be pulled off tho.

I seriously need to stop reading weird mangas.

She turned around and faced the creature defiantly. 

The creature roared at her, but I also got caught in the blast, because I was standing right behind her.

I covered my ears out of reflex.

But she didn't even flinch.

She just faced the feline bravely.

"Imaginary Weapon. Realboot. ON!"

The sound of glass shattering resounded in the air. But there wasn't any glass around to begin with. She turned her head towards me. I noticed the smirk on her face as she did.

"Hey. Whatever your name is. You need to run now."