Chapter 3 Kyle & Johnnie

After roaming Barnes and Noble for any good books, I decided to just get some new pencils for sketching. Once I paid for the line when to Starbucks. I waited in the line and it got shorter till I was in front I glanced up at him.

"Welcome to Starbucks," He said.

"Hey, I'll take a passion fruit tea and a sugar cookie," I said with a smile.

"And name for the cup," he asked.

"567-8901," I said cheekily as he looked up with his cheeks slightly red.

"Did you just give me your number for a name?" He asked as I handed him a ten dollar bill and glanced at his name tag, Johnnie.

"Keep the change," I said flashing a smile as I walked to a table close to the the front counter I pulled out sketchbook and my new pencils.

"Mr. 567-8901?" Johnnie asked.

"Better known as Kyle," I said setting my pencil down and looking at him.

"Okay, well thanks for the tip and I have to get back to work," He said as I nodded taking a sip of the drink. I guess hours had passed as I stole glances of Johnnie to sketch him. My favorite smile was when he answered customers so every time he answered I added a bit more to the sketch when that was done I started to shade and adding details.

"Dude, you have been here for like five hours, I'm off my shift," Johnnie said as I looked up from the drawing.

"Time flies when I sketch," I said with a smile as I glanced at the uneaten cookie in the table. So I grabbed a Sharpie and wrote "for Johnnie" on the bag and handed it to him.

"I can't take this, you have already gave me a five dollar tip," he said.

"This is only two dollars, I insist," I said.

"I have to repay you," He said.

"Walk me home, let me get to know you," I said as he looked at my sketchbook.

"You sketched me?" He asked.

"Sorry, I didn't ask," I said.

"It's fine, I really like it," he said with a smile.

"You never answered my question," I said.

"Oh yeah, I will," He said as I smiled and we got up and walked out. It's was chilly and dark as he we walked.

"You don't mind?" He asked as he pulled out a lighter and a pack.

"As long as I can have one," I said as he nodded and he took out two and lit his and handed me mine as he lit it. We walked smoking as it let my nerves calm, I can't remember the last time I had a cigarette, I was shit faced drunk.

"So, why did you want me to walk you home," He asked.

"Well," I said then took a long drag from the cigarette and blew out the smoke "I saw you at Hot Topic, you walked out never thought I would see you again, but poof you work at Starbucks," I said.

"I remember, you were very interested in that Twenty One Pilots sweater," He said.

"Top is a good band," I said defending them as I put on the end of the cigarette and Johnnie did the same.

"Never said they weren't," He said with a soft giggle as wind grew stronger. Johnnie only in his light pink cardigan was shivering as he walked closer to me. I slid off jacket gently wrapping it around his arms.

"We are almost to my house," I said as he took the jacket and put it back on my shoulders.

"I can't take that," He said.