I nodded my head in understanding. No one could possibly fix my ruined date except the person who screwed it up in the first place, James! He has the tendency to always bother me or interrupt any encounters I have with attractive men!

"Now tell me every detail on what happened. I know we have just met but I want you to have complete confidence in me and that I won't tell a soul." Paloma told me and lightly bounced Noah in her arms, "and neither will Noah."

I chuckled and Noah smiled. He was the cutest baby in the world. He had bright blue eyes and black hair similar to Enzo's. His cheeks were a bit fuller and suited his wild personality.

"Okay. I can sum up the whole morning. I asked her when I was going to meet this secret lover of hers and she freaked out saying that if I kept being persistent she would never introduce me to him. Camilla was hysterical. In fact, she almost looked guilty and nervous as she spoke to me. Some harsh words were said and it even got to a point where Camilla threw a vase at a wall."

"Wow."

"Yep. Wow is the perfect word to describe Camilla and I's current situation." I leaned back in my seat and hung my head with disappointment.

"Maybe Camilla has a lot on her plate right now. But I would definitely try talking to her again. From what you've told me, she seems to think that you may not approve of who she's let into her life."

I shook my head in disagreement, "It's not that. I feel like she sort of feels guilty of whom she's dating in regards to me. Like is it one of my ex boyfriends?"

Paloma chuckled and switched Noah on to her other hip. "Has she told you anything about this mystery man of hers? Maybe that could give us a clue to who he is!"

"Well he works at the police station with my brother," I revealed to her while trying to think of who Camilla would be interested in.

Noah started to become fussy causing Paloma to rock him back and forth, giving me a look of apology. I waved my hand around, signaling that I was fine. I couldn't comprehend why I truly valued Paloma's opinion. She possessed this presence of a motherly and sisterly figure.

If anyone saw Paloma with Noah, they could see the bond that everyone talks about between a mother and her son. The sight was truly beautiful.

"Why don't you ask your brother if he knows anything? But ask him smoothly. Don't just go straight into the topic." Paloma advised, looking down at a sleepy Noah and then back at me. "Or you can just leave the subject alone, repair your friendship with Camilla, and wait until she's ready to tell you."

I sighed and weighed my two options in front of me. One could turn out a complete mess because Daniel hated Camilla and won't help me when it comes to her. The second one would kill me slowly everyday since Camilla isn't in any rush to tell me who her lover is.

I met Paloma's eyes and took a deep breath. I'm gonna have to go with my gut feeling.

"I'm gonna ask my brother and see what's going on," I made my decision.

"More like who." Paloma added.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hours Later......

I reached over my desk and turned off my small lamp before tucking in my seat neatly. I grabbed a few folders and my laptop, placing it into my purse. I was too busy cleaning up my office space to be aware of someone standing behind me.

"Miss Green." I sprung forward, startled by the abrupt sound of another person's voice. "Why so jumpy?"

"I'm sorry, Mr. De Luca. I was cleaning my desk and I didn't hear you." I said to him and stepped away from my desk with all belongings.