Live your life, I'll live mine 8

I wake up to the ringing of my phone and quickly scramble to answer it. "Hello?"

"It's Madie,"

"Hey," I sigh as I stretch, my back cracking horribly. I really need to save for a new mattress. "What are you doing?"

"I've just thrown a DVD on, I'm bored out of my mind,"

"Come over if you want," I look beside me, only just realizing Kiana's not there. I make my way into the lounge room to see her sitting in front of the television.

"That sounds great," I hear her move around for a minute before she giggles.

"What?" A smile slips onto my face when she laughs again.

"I'll tell you when I see you," She promises. "Text me through your address and I'll get Andy to drive me,"

We say goodbye and after hanging up I pick Kiana up and hug her tightly. "Morning baby,"

"Morning Kitty," She squeezes me tightly before pulling away and looking at me excitedly. "Can we make pancakes?"

"Sure thing," I put her down and she follows me over to the kitchen. After texting Madie I pull out the pan and the oil.

"I'll get the mix!"

I let her pour the first batch and she waits patiently for them to bubble, and then unsuccessfully tries to flip them. "Here sweetie let mommy do it,"

She watches curiously as I flip two of the pancakes. "I want to do one!"

"You can help me," I put her hand on the egg flip and cover it with my own. We flip the last one and she grins in triumph.

"I did it, mom!"

"You sure did. Do you want to get three plates out and the tub of icecream? I'll finish making the pancakes."

As she's setting our table of four, I pull out some knives and forks.

"Who's eating with us?" She questions and sits in her favorite spot. Her eyes light up. "Is Andy coming, mommy?"

"No honey," I smile at her gently. "But Madie is."

"Oh," She looks down sadly, her little eyebrows furrowing before she looks up again and grins. "Can we watch movies?"

"We sure can,"

The doorbell rings and Kiana lets Madie in. Almost unsurprisingly, Andrew follows her in. He leans against my doorframe, his arms crossed as his eyes take in our small apartment.

"Sorry," Madison rolls her eyes and gives me a quick hug. "He doesn't take no for an answer,"

"Almost like my three year old," I mutter to her cheekily.

"Andrew!" Kiana yells in happiness and throws herself at him. "Pick me up, pick me up!"

Andrew bends down and easily throws Kiana up in the air. My breath stops and I watch in fright as he catches her and throws her again. Kiana squeals in delight, and when he finally stops she hugs him tightly.

"What have you been doing, little miss?"

"Me and Kitty cooked pancakes!"

"Kitty and I," He corrects as he pushes her light hair out of her face.

"Yeah, Kitty and I," She agrees before pushing away from him. He puts her down and she grabs hold of his hand and pulls him into the kitchen. Madie and I watch as she offers him to stay for breakfast.

He looks at me and I narrow my eyes. He smirks. "I'd love to."

Kiana sits on Andrew's lap due to the lack of room and after getting an extra plate and set of cutlery. we all dig into the pancakes.