Chapter 16

(Y/n)'s POV

I work up and went to find the kitchen. I wonder where it was.

Try that room. We've been in every room except for that one. You seem like you're avoiding that room.
Uh duh, it's Demitra's bedroom.
Oh hehe.

I kept looking and eventually ended up on the rooftop. How did this happen?! Ugh, this was so frustrating. Why didn't she give me a map or something?! I went back inside but only got pulled back outside. I turned around and came face to face with Jack.

"What are you doing here?!"
"I came to show you something." I sighed in annoyance.
"What?"
"Come on." He held out his hand.

Should I go with him?
Don't know but if it were me, I probably wouldn't. Remember what he did to you.
You're right.

He couldn't be bothered waiting for an answer so he just grabbed me.

"Wah!"
"Hold on tight, snowflake."
"Again with that nickname!" He laughed. I just grunted.
"I demand you to put me down."
"No." I was starting to ignite my hands on fire but he froze them. I melted the ice off.
"I'll drop you if you hurt me," he warned.
"As if, you love my old self too much to do that." He smirked.
"Wanna bet?" he asked.
"I bet you $10 that you won't drop me."
"Okay then." He dropped me.

Fly, quickly.

I created fire wings and surprisingly, they flew. I flew as fast as I could to get away from him. Why was he so keen on getting me to turn back to my old self?!

Maybe Demitra's lying.
Why would she?
To get you on her side but I may be wrong. Choose whatever side you want to be on.
I'll stay with Demitra for the time being.

I looked behind and Jack wasn't there. When I turned back around, I bumped straight into him. I swung around and burnt him with my wings. I smirked and flew back to the rooftop. Jack followed me there.

"Just leave me alone!"
"Please just give me one chance."
"And why should I do that? You betrayed me!"
"I promise you I didn't."
"That's what they all say."
"Why would I lie to the one I love?"

*blushes slightly* I glared at him. He held out his hand. I hesitantly took it.

It's not like he could do anything, right?
Who knows? It's your choice.

I followed him while flying. We arrived at a forest.

"What are we doing here?"
"You'll see."

We went deeper into the forest. A deer came up to me. I held out my hand and stroked its fur. It actually let me!

Well duh, you used to communicate with animals.
Whatever.

Jack smiled. "What?"
"Like it, huh?" I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, a fox jumped on me. I stumbled backwards.
"Um..." It seemed like it was trying to say something.
"Sorry Jake, I have no idea what you're saying."

He turned into his other form and looked at me as if to tell me that I had to get on. I slowly got on. Jack sat behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Oi! I feel awkward when you do that."

He just laughed. Jake ran into the sky. I held on tight. I missed this feeling. But I couldn't go back to what it was like before.

I wonder what you'll choose.

I lay my head on Jake. This felt so good. *sigh* If only that didn't happen. Jake flew back down then left to do something.

"Are you sure you don't want to come back?" Jack asked. I shook my head.
"I'm...not going back."
"Maybe this'll change your mind."

He kissed me. I was so shocked that all I could do was stand there. He just smiled and flew away. I just kept standing there, thinking about what had happened. He was making it so hard. Why?! I sat down, leaning against a tree. I fell asleep.

~1 hour later~

I woke up to find myself tied to a chair. Demitra was in front of me with a whip. She whipped me.

"Why did you leave?!" she asked forcefully.
"I-I didn't leave of my own will."
"I don't care, at least tell me before you leave!" She whipped me again.

The pain!
Shut up.

She released me after a few minutes.

"Wait! Where's the kitchen?"
"Turn left, take a right and walk straight then open the door to your left."

What?! I didn't even know that there was a door there!
Haha.
Not funny.
Yeah totally *sarcasm*

I followed her directions and actually arrived at the kitchen.

What should I make?
Oh oh, I know. Make (favourite dish) and (favourite dessert)!
Good idea.

I got all the ingredients and started making the dishes. Demitra came in while I was halfway through.

"Don't forget mine," she told me. Ugh, I was almost finished making mine. I groaned.
"Do I have to?"
"Yes."
"But-"
"No buts."
"Don't you have a butt too?" She glared at me.
"Hehe." I made hers as well but it took twice as long. Can't she cook herself?
"Here." I put the plates in front of her. She tasted it.
"You cook well. To be honest, I thought you were terrible at cooking."

I gave her a 'seriously' look. She just shrugged and went back to eating. Will my life be like this from now on?...