Amidst My Own Nightmares

"COLE WATCH OUT!!" Kristine yelled. "Huh?!" Cole said as Pythor swung right at him with his scythe and sliced a deep cut right through his chest, killing him. "Well...seems my time here is over." Pythor said before escaping with the rest of the serpentine. Cole's blood splattered onto Kristine's gi as she froze in shock and horror. She picked his limp body up in hopes of him just being injured.

"Come on...Cole...w-wake up! Come on you can't be dead...! W-WAKE UP!!" She yelled as she cried into his bloody shoulder.

...

It was night time now, and Kristine couldn't sleep at all. Not after what happened. She had to carry Cole's body back to the bounty since she went on the mission with just him. Everyone was wondering where they had been after that. When she came back, everyone was was shocked, horrified, and saddened. The worst part was that Lou was there so she had a horrible time explaining everything.

She was lying in her bed, thinking about what could've been done. 'I could've saved him...' She thought. 'I could've done something dammit!' There really was no use in saying this stuff. It's  too late, It already happened. Kristine got up and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes had looked so gloomy and emotionless after what happened. Then, a thought came to her mind. Something bad...

She slyly got out of her room and into Cole's. When she got in, she found his hoodie lying in his bed. She picked it up and stared at it for a while. 'You were the only one who understood me...' Kristine was 9 when she first met Cole. Her parents had died and she was rumored to be 'The Ghost Girl Of Ninjago' because of her shadow and disappearing powers, Cole saw great potential in her and let her in the group. Now 12, they had been best friends since then, It makes sense why she was so depressed about his death.

Kristine took his hoodie and tied it below her neck, looking like a cape almost. She felt better like this, it felt like his arms were around her, hugging her. Kristine never had a crush on Cole or anything, she saw him more as a mentor figure. Oddly enough, they also had a pretty strong resemblance with each other, making it look like as if they were related.

Kristine left the room and looked around to see if anyone was still awake. No one was there so that was good. She went back to her room and grabbed her satchel and headed out of her window. Luckily, no one heard. As she started walking, she looked back at the bounty but shrugged the feeling off. All she could feel now was anger towards the serpentine for killing him. Now it's time to pay...

...

It's been 1 year since Cole's death. Kristine managed to kill every last serpentine out there on account of his death. When the ninja heard, they thought she had went horribly insane. They tried reasoning with her and telling it will be okay as long as she comes back, But that wasn't the case for her either. They had no idea how dangerously powerful she was. She eventually managed to kill all of the ninja also, Leaving so much blood on her hands.

Kristine cringed as she walked through the cemetery, Trying to find a certain person. She walked up to the grave she had been looking for.

Cole Hence Brookstone.

She sat on her knees while the hoodie Cole once had fit over her head. "Hey Cole. It's been a while since I last saw you. It's been forever...You missed my birthday, I'm 13 now. But, I can't blame you, I missed your birthday too. How old are you? 22? Okay then. After you left, I got revenge on those nasty snakes for making you leave me. Your friends thought I was crazy...What was I supposed to do? I couldn't let them get away with it, I couldn't let them have it..." Kristine said as she started tearing up.

"They were gonna kill me...So...they died too...I-I know that...th-this isn't what you wanted but i-it felt amazing...Those bastards' blood on my hands...their screams of pain; begging for me to stop. Cole...I-I....I HOPE YOU CAN FORGIVE ME!!!" She wailed as she put her hands into her face to drown out her crying. "I'm really not myself anymore...I bet you don't even want me here..."

"I'll leave so you can finally rest easy..." Kristine finished. She walked away from his grave, Leaving her whole life, and what could've been, behind forever.