part 14: the nightmare

(Outside p.o.v)

Eridan lay awake in his bed, unable to sleep. The chorus of his thoughts kept echoing in his head.

You broke her heart

You broke her heart...

He groaned to himself. Why was he thinking of this now? And was that really what happened? He sighed, and decided to sleep it off....

(Eridans p.o.v)

Where....where am I?

I looked around. It looked like I was in the dream bubbles... but it was darker than normal, with fewer bubbles. One in particular stuck out the most; it was huge and gave off a light. It was of a beach, only not exactly. It was like the beach was frozen in time just after an explosion. I approached the bubble and glanced inside. Then I saw her.

"(Y/n)!" I called to her. She didn't answer and was walking towards a huge bubble of water floating in midair. Once she submerged herself in it, she looked like she was trying to swim back out...but she couldn't. It was like a glass bubble formed around the water, invisible but impenetrable. She smacked her hands against it and looked at me with pure fear in her eyes... I tried to go into the bubble and pull her out, but I couldnt get to her. I slammed my fists against the bubble of water.

Her hair floated around her face almost in slow motion. A glowing sea blue tear streamed down her cheek and her eyes widened and clouded over. Then, she just went limp and floated there. Screams sounded around me, and I soon realized they were my own, blended with my own Voice shouting over and over...

You broke her heart...
You broke her heart..
You broke her heart
You broke her heart
You broke her heart
YOU BROKE HER HEART

"(Y/n)!" I shouted, bolting upright in my bed with a cold sweat. I saw a light turn on off of the hallway from under the door and (y/n) burst through the doorway.

"Eridan? What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?"

I panted, glancing at her vacantly like she was just another dream. Her eyes looked worried, tired, and puffy all in one and her hair was messy.

"Y-yeah, sorry... bad dream. Go on back to bed, I'm fine..." I said. She nodded and looked into my eyes for a split second, then turned to walk away. She looked over her shoulder one last time, as though she was going to say something else, but then she wished me good night and turned back to the hallway.

A Voice in my head spoke to me. Make her stay. But I was still shaken up and half asleep. Part of me wishes I had said something else to her...part of me wanted her to say something more or just to stay by my side, just for a minute longer... anything to keep her by my side and not to leave me alone with my thoughts....