“I’ll tell you later, okay?” I whispered, just wanting to be comforted by his warmth. “For right now, it’s not important,” I pulled away from him and ate a bit of toast. I wasn’t sure I could hold more than that down with Draco on my mind.

“I’m holding you to that,” He prodded me with his finger before stuffing his mouth as usual.

“Courtney,” Hermione hesitated. “Do you happen to know something…?”

I raised an eyebrow at her. “I know lots of things, Hermione.”

“I mean, has your father or anyone else for that matter mentioned anything…?”

I shook my head. “About what, Hermione?” She was seriously getting on my nerves.

“Dumbledore is not going to be here tonight,” Harry leaned in towards me. “We were just wondering if the deatheaters were planning anything. I know that your dad is one, as well as Draco. So, spill if you know something,” he then looked over at Kam. “You better spill if you know something as well.”

“Look, why would I be talking to someone who obviously is dead to me or someone who let a rumor ruin my reputation?” I asked, only the first one being true. “Tell me, Harry. You seem to be so fucking smart.”

“Calm down, Court,” Ron said, stroking my shoulder, which was kind of weird. “He’s just trying to find out. So, would you just help us out?”

I pushed his hand away from me. “I wouldn’t tell you guys anything even if my life depended on it. You three have fun playing detectives again this year, and I think I’ll just leave you to it.”

Kam followed me out of the Hall with a grin on her face. “Court, you’ve never really stood up to them before. You have balls, girl.”

“I’m just tired of their shit. Logically, I wouldn’t be talking to either of the people their thinking of, but I can’t be simple. My life can’t be simple,” I sighed and leaned against the wall. “Kam, you know my life would’ve gotten complicated because my father is a follower.”

She nodded. “He was trying to keep it from you though. Besides, you can’t control who you fall in love with. You can’t stop fate no matter how hard you try. Draco and you were meant to be, or you wouldn’t have happened at all. You wouldn’t still want to protect him from everything bad that he’s going through right now. You wouldn’t be able to see a future without him. Court, you have to keep holding on. This love might not have happened at the right time, but it can survive it. Just don’t let him go.”

I pulled her unto a hug. “How come you always know exactly what to say?”

She shrugged. “It’s talent, I guess. Come on, first classes are starting here in just a few.”

Classes went by slow that day. All professors were reviewing for the N.E.W.T.s that I knew were probably not going to happen, but none of them knew that. To them, it was just another boring day in Hogwarts. If they knew what I knew, they would be shitting bricks right now. I knew that I was, but I was more afraid for Draco. He would be out in the fight. He would have to find Dumbledore. He would have to murder him.

That’s when I made the decision. Kam said that I should keep holding onto him, and that’s what I planned to do. I couldn’t let him murder. I couldn’t let him change from the person that I fell in love with. I had to hold onto him by making sure that didn’t happen.

“When do you think he’ll start the plan?” Kam asked me in her dorm that night.

I shrugged. “Who knows?”

“Blaise does,” Kam grimaced. “I can’t stand the fact that he’ll be out there. You know this is going to turn into a battle, right?”

I nodded. “That’s why we can’t stay up here.”