Part 1- Chapter 1-The Royalty of Asgard

Start from the beginning

Catalina found her three elder brothers at the entrance of the castle. Thor and Loki leaned on the stone pillars while Balder stood respectably beside them.

"Have you been waiting long my brothers?" The princess asked with an apparent ring in her voice. She knew they had been waiting all day.

"Only but a moment my sister," Loki happily returned the sarcasm, stepping forward to greet his younger twin sister; he kissed her on both cheeks, as was the royal Asgardian custom.

"You will be leaving tomorrow for Midgard, yes?" Thor asked as the four kindred made for the royal gardens.

"That's correct. Mother tells me it won't be much different, but at this point, I don't quite know what to expect."

The royal siblings sat down inside of a wooden gazebo within the garden. It was their favorite spot since childhood, and even still as they grew up, this was the place they would come together to discuss important things among themselves. Although Thor and Balder were rarely present anymore, Catalina and Loki still sat together when there was nothing else to do.

"You are coming to the gathering tonight aren't you?" Asked Thor as he watched Loki finger a little box underneath the table.

Catalina nodded, "well considering that it was planned specifically for me, I suppose that I have no choice." The princess sat back in her seat, dreading the going-away party that night. She hated the crowded, alcohol reeking bashes that her family threw. People always ended up drunk, and one could never get a whiff of fresh air without getting the smell of alcohol in it as well.

"Good, I look forward to it," Thor smiled. He loved the parties, and drinking was one of the things he enjoyed the most, besides fighting.

Balder sat back in his seat, and smiled in the sunshine. "I hear elves are among the most beautiful creatures ever to live," he said, changing the subject.

"Have you ever seen one before?" Catalina asked.

"On occasion, before Thor was born, the former elven king would come to Asgard for a council meeting or something of that nature. That king is dead now, so I'm sure that his son is the one you will meet." Balder ran a hand through his golden locks, appearing slightly distressed about something. He remembered.

*****
The going-away party had commenced and the food and alcohol had been served. People were already getting drunk, and Catalina had quickly lost interest in the hot, stuffy ballroom. She snuck away and shut the door behind her as she locked the door of her room. She sighed and leaned against the door for a moment, breathing in the cooler, fresher air.
"I fancied you'd be here," Loki sat on a couch near the window, his legs crossed.

"Oh it's just you, you surprised me," Catalina sighed and went over to him and sat next to him.

He put his arm around her and let her lean her head on his shoulder.
"I am going to miss you greatly." Loki stroked his sister's copper colored hair.

"So am I. But we mustn't worry, ten years will go by as if it were a mere day." Catalina smiled up at him and he did the same.

"I have something for you," Loki reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. He opened it to reveal a necklace and a sparkling gold locket, with four roses intricately carved on the front. When he opened it, it had a painting of the royal family in a shrunken form of their most recent family portrait.

Catalina gasped and threw her arms around her brother and kissed his cheek.

"When did you get this?" She sat back as Loki clipped the necklace around her neck.

"We had it made about a week ago, and we planned to give it to you together, but as you can see," he swept his arm around the room," I am alone. "He smiled and Catalina hugged him, wrapping her arms around his waist and putting her head on his chest.

"I'm glad you gave it to me," She said. "I'll never take it off."

"I am going to miss you," Loki said, placing hand on her shoulder.

"You said that already."

"I know it." Loki lifted Catalina's chin up, "I wanted to bid you a proper goodbye."

Catalina smirked and sat up.

"Catalina," Loki turned her head toward him, "it will be a while, but as long as you are away, I will think of you every moment. I love you, and I always will."

Catalina smiled and the twins put their foreheads together, their noses touching.

"And I swear to do the same my brother." She smiled they put a hand on the back of each other's neck. The motion was an affectionate gesture made since they were small, and it had carried on until now.

"By the way, what do you plan on wearing tomorrow?"

"My armor."

"Be careful Sister."

"Why?"

"Men like you in armor."

They laughed, and Loki bid his sister goodnight, and promised to see her off the following day. He kissed her cheek and smiled, and closed her door behind him as he left.