1

"GET OFF ME!!" Yelled Connie.
"Connie, there's nothing more to be done." Jacob told her gently but she refused to listen, snatching her wrist from his grip Connie stormed out of resus.
"Is everybody agreed?" Asked Zoe receiving unanimous nods from the rest of the staff.
"Time of death 4.57pm." Said Zoe glancing at the clock. "Such a waste, I'll go find the parents." She added looking down at the girl that had lost the battle with a speeding car.
Jacob moved out of the room and Robyn followed. "Is Mrs Beauchamp okay?" She asked hearing Connie shouting down the corridor.
"She's 11, the same age as Grace." Said Jacob referring to the little girl trying to make sense of the anger shown by their clinical lead.
"I get that, but she's been on the war path for a week now...She's scarier now than she's ever been!" Said Robyn.
"I'll go see if she's okay...not that she has anything to do with me any more, won't even look in my direction...I thought things were getting better between us since she finished it. Looks like I thought wrong." Said Jacob looking defeated.
"Good luck." Said Robyn giving him a sad smile.

Jacob stood outside Connie's office noticing all the blinds had closed, taking a deep breath he knocked.
"I'm busy!" Came Connie's harsh reply through the closed door.
Jacob knocked again, this time there was no answer.
The door flew open making Jacob jump. "I said I'm BUSY!" Connie stood in the doorway seething, her eyes glaring at him, her face flushed with anger.
Connie moved to slam the door in his face but Jacob stopped her by putting his foot against the door.
"Staff Nurse Masters you are out of order!" Barked Connie trying again to shut the door.
"No! Your out of order." Murmured Jacob only loud enough for Connie to hear. He used his broad chest to back Connie into the office.
"Get out!" She told him.
Jacob closed the door behind him turning the lock and calmly sat down on the sofa. "Can't be to busy, your sat here in the dark." He stated.
"Just leave me alone." Said Connie moving to sit behind her desk looking completely drained.
"Why don't you go home...see Grace...I'm sure that must have got to you -" "Who the hell do you think you are! Barging into my office thinking you know what I must be feeling! You've no right!" Bit Connie. "Know I suggest you leave and do what your paid to do!"
Jacob stayed calm not reacting to her anger. "My shifts finished and so has yours...Come sit down." He said patting the space beside him.
"Are you deaf or daft? I don't want you in here!" Said Connie.
Jacob stood up debating which way to turn, does he leave or push her?