Chapter 2

Later that night, Akira was sitting in her room thinking about Yoshitsune, her cheeks were flushed red and her heart raced. Calm down Akira. She thought.  Don't get so worked up about the So- Daisho like this.  Akira tossed and turned on her futon, unable to sleep. She closed her eyes, and forced herself to sleep. Even then, she could  not keep her mind off the chief general of the Minamoto Clan. Maybe a walk would do me good.  She thought.

Akira got out of her futon and opened the door to her room. The smell of the fresh springtime air filled her senses.  She could see the faint moonlight falling through the trees. It was a peacefully tranquil night. but hark! The sound of the flute resonated in the surroundings.  Who could that be?  wondered Akira. 

She followed the sound of the flute. It led her to the back garden of the Minamoto mansion in Kamakura. Akira caught sight of Yoshitsune playing the flute. His long hair blowing in the wind. 

Akira hid in the bushes, not wanting to disturb the So-Daisho of the Minamoto Clan.  Akira seemed to fall into a trance of the beautiful music. Even the crickets and the cicadas ried along with the melodious flute.

(A/N: Play the music. It is a song from the movie Bajirao Mastani, starring Ranveer Singh Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra, directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. It has english subtitles if you want to see the translation.)

Akira's feet began to move along with the music and a song comes to her lips. Oblivious to a certain samurai's eyes following her delicate movements. Akira danced along while Yoshitsune played the flute. 

Later. Akira and Yoshitsune were seen to be talking to eachother.

Yoshitsune couldn't help but feel a certain warm sensation filling his heart. Come on Yoshitsune. He thought. You can't be falling in love in the middle of a war. I

The silver moonlight shone through the trees and lit up Akira's charcoal black eyes. Her rose tinted lips and cheeks had turned a deeper shade of crimson. Her heart too fluttered at the very sight of the So- Daisho of the Genji. 

Yoshitsune had asked Akira about her dance. "Girls of the Fukuhara clan are expected to learn skills such as dance, music, sewing, among others. My mother, who was a dancer herself, taught me how to dance. That aside, I have also trained in ken no geijutsu along with my brothers." 

Yoshitsune's eyes never left Akira's. His respect and love for her only grew stronger. Akira had stopped talking. There was a peaceful silence in the air as the sounds of their breathing could be heard. 

"Yoshitsune-sama." Akira suddenly called out his name, breaking Yoshitsune out of his trance. His cheeks tinged crimson as he realised that he was staring at Akira. 

" Yes Akira." He said, quickly regaining his composure . 

" If you don't mind me asking, where did you learn to play the flute?"

Yoshitsune smiled. He shifted his position closer to Akira. "My mother taught me when I was younger." He replied. His breath tickling Akira cheeks.

Akira instinctively turned her face towards Yoshitsune, They were so close that they could feel eachother's breaths tickling theirs faces. Both their faces were tinged with crimson as their hearts beat faster against their chests. Yoshitsune, who was generally the calm and composed So- Daisho of the Minamoto clan, was suddenly feeling nervous. Their faces drew closer until they felt eachother's breaths on their lips. Akira closed her eyes as she waited for the pleasant sensation of the So- Daisho's lips against her own.

Their lips touch softly. 

The kiss was over just as soon as it started. Neither of them said a word afterwords. but the silence that hung in the air was neither painful nor awkward. Instead, it was very comforting. 

*****

Kajiwara Kagetoki paced up and down his room. Now that Kiso was out of theway, he needed to hatch a plan to ruin the relationship between the So- Daisho and the head of the Minamoto clan.  With all those retainers around, I would never be able to directly reach the So-Daisho.  He thought. Maybe I could find out his weakness. Thought Kajiwara. 

"Kajiwara sama! May I enter?"Called a voice from outside, breaking Kajiwara from his thoughts. "Hai, Shizuka Chan. You may enter."He says. The sliding Shoji door opens to reveal a young but very beautiful woman who wore a Shirabyoshi dancer's clothes. She had round almond shaped eyes, which were a shade of blueish-green. Her long hair was half tied up into a bun. Shizuka stood elegantly, her very stance reminded one of a tigress, ready to leap for her prey."Kajiwara sama, I may have found out the So- daisho's weakness." She said, with a seductive smile. Kajiwara too, smirked in pleasure. Shizuka sat down close to Kajiwara and told him about her discovery. "His weakness is that Fukuhara girl. I think for her."

Kajiwara was pleased to hear this. This was all that he needed to take Yoshitsune down and rise up the ranks of the Minamoto army, as well as receive more respect from the Head of the clan.  Shizuka leaned into Kajiwara Kagetoki, seductvely kissing his lips she said, "I've done your work, now, where's my payment?"
"Hehe...Can't wait eh?" said Kajiwara with a playful smirk about his lips as he snaked his arm around Shizuka's waist. They lay on his futon and made love until the morning. 

While Yoshitsune had found his love on one side of the camp, on the other side, a plan to wreck his life was being hatched by someone extremely close to him. 

Glossary:
So-Daisho-Chief General
ken-no-geijutsu-art of sword wielding
Shoji-japanese sliding door

Shirabyoshi-court dancer
Hai- yes