Liam sick- for alygleeson_

Start from the beginning

"Bless you, Li!" Niall exclaimed.

Liam smiled lazily and sniffled for what could've easily been the thousandth time that day. Damn, he really needed a tissue.

The rest of the afternoon was spent wasting time, sitting around doing nothing. It must've been boring for everyone else but Liam was glad they were there, despite how worried they all were.

"You alright, Liam?"

"Do you need anything, Liam?"

"Is it your asthma. Liam?"

It did get a little annoying.

 Liam knew they were only looking out for him, that's what friends did, and for that he was appreciative but really he would just prefer it if they all just forgot about his asthma like he had, it barely even bothered him at all anymore anyway.

A cough rattled through his tight chest as he readjusted his duvet and instantly all eyes were on him as if he had just announced he was quitting the band. The cough had brought up some phlegm and he spat it into a tissue before answering the expectant gazes of his friends.

"What? I'm fine!" 

He was still badly congested, but not wheezy or anything like he would be if his asthma was playing up.

 Louis stood up with a determined look, "I'm getting the cough medicine, we're not risking this."

"Don't be stupid L-"

"It's not stupidity, Li, it's just being careful. Just let us do this, please," Harry pleaded.

 Liam remembered the time at the gym when he had an attack, it was two years or so ago now, but the boys had completely freaked out, especially Harry. 

Even now his eyes were looking suspiciously glossy and Liam nodded in response, unable to say no to someone who cared about him so much.

Niall patted his arm, "good."

Louis came back in with the cough syrup and Liam quickly drunk it before he could talk himself out of it. He'd had enough cough syrup in his life to know that it didn't exactly taste pleasant. 

Weirdly enough it wasn't actually that bad, more on the good side actually.

"What is this stuff, it's good," Liam said, trying to get a look at the bottle in Louis' hand. 

Louis looked it and shrugged, "I dunno, but I'm gonna remember the name for next time, it's not very often you find a nice-tasting cough syrup."

Liam licked his dry lips and popped one of the throat lollies in his mouth. 

He sucked on it until it was gone and then slumped further into the couch, a wave of exhaustion falling over him. He wasn't sure if maybe he'd acquired a fever or maybe the cold and flu had a sleeping agent but soon he was blinking harshly, trying to stay awake.

"Li, what are you trying to do, mate?" Niall laughed, being the first to notice Liam's strange blinking patterns.

"Don't wanna sleep yet. . ." 

Liam yawned, the raw skin in his throat tugging a little.

"Just close your eyes, your gonna need sleep if you want this thing to go away any time soon." Niall told him and Liam listened without that much thought, truthfully he'd forgotten the reason for staying awake already.

He let his heavy lids flutter shut and before he knew it, sleep fell over him like a blanket.

***