chapter twenty six

June 11, 2016

Rising star Christina Grimmie and best friend Ryan Lexton shot after Orlando concert in a murder-suicide act.

After Christina Grimmie [22] finished up her concert in Orlando, Florida, her and her old time friend Ryan Lexton [22] had gathered for her signing. The two had fun chatting with the Grimmie fans, as seen in a video recorded by one of the fans. Some fans had even asked for Lexton's autograph, seeing as she is known by her nearly one year friendship with star Dylan O'Brien [24].

In the shocking video, you can see Grimmie go to give a fan a hug when Lexton had abruptly jumped in front of Grimmie. Not a second later shots started and both Lexton and Grimmie were down. The video is ended abruptly after the shooting as hysterical cries and screams are let out from almost every direction. Grimmie's brother went after the shooter, but was too late as the shooter killed himself.

A witness spoke to us, telling us what happened.

"I was standing off to the side, waiting my turn to meet the two when everything started happening. Ryan had startled me when she moved to shield Christina so quickly. Not a second passed before they were both on the floor. There was blood soaking Ryan's stomach and shoulder and there was blood around Christina's head. There was so much blood."

Grimmie was pronounced dead on scene, but Lexton was rushed to the hospital via helicopter. There has been no news on how bad the young girl's wounds are. All that is known is that Lexton is in critical condition and they aren't sure if the twenty two year old will survive. As of now, they say she has not awoken and they are not sure if or when she will.

Dylan O'Brien has taken to heading for the hospital and abandoning social media for the time being. The Teen Wolf star only sent out two tweets of sorrow for the two girls.

"I feel for Christina's family in their time of mourning. She was too young. May you find peace, sweetheart. #RIPChristina"

"My best friend will survive this tragedy. She's a survivor. I love you, Ryan. You can fight this, I believe in you. #PrayForRyan"

He tweeted these two after his plane ride down to the Orlando hospital Ryan is at. Hopefully, Lexton will survive. As O'Brien said, she is a fighter. She can fight through this.