preference 4-how they propose

Hi! It's been over four months and I am SO sorry about that but I've just been so busy with dance and schoolwork that I completely forgot about this book. I hope you all still love me lol. I have added in Kai and Marcel as well :)

Stefan: Predictably enough, he asked you to marry him in the most romantic and adorable way possible. He took you all the way to Paris on your birthday, dropped to one knee in front of the Eiffel Tower, and gave a long heartfelt speech about how much he loved you. He then asked you to marry him-you said yes.

Damon: It was a bit spur of the moment. You had been together for about four years, and were sitting on the steps outside of the Salvatore house, enjoying the nice weather, when he turned to you abruptly.

"Marry me."

"What?" You asked, face heating up in shock.

"No, seriously," he said. "I love you. I know this is weird and I didn't really plan it but I love you and I would've asked you eventually anyways so-please"?

Once you got over the initial shock, you said yes.

Klaus: Your boyfriend, Klaus, was not a very romantic person. Which was fine with you, because you weren't either. You two were alone in his New Orleans mansion on a wintry day, sitting by the fireplace when Klaus slid off the couch, landed on one knee in front of you, produced a ring from his back pocket and simply said "I love you. Marry me?" You accepted.

Elijah: It was simple, but perfect, kind of like the man whom you were in love with. He took you to New York on Christmas Eve. You went to dinner at a fancy restaurant, saw a Broadway play, and sat for hours underneath the lights of the huge Christmas tree in Rockefeller Plaza. When the clock was nearing midnight, he pulled out a ring , got down on one knee, and asked you to make this his best Christmas ever by becoming his wife. Who wouldn't say yes?

Kol: He was a bit random about it. He had been planning it for a month, but when the day arrived, he was so nervous he could barely walk straight. It was his and yours' fifth anniversary, and you were going for a walk around New Orleans when he fell flat on his face. You were a bit concerned, not used to seeing your vampire lover, what with his super speed, lose his balance, but he got up right away and balanced himself on one knee. With a cheeky smile, he asked you to marry him.

Marcel: Back in the heyday of Marcel's New Orleans, back when he was still undisputed king, you were his queen. You were a proud day walker who spent every day at your boyfriend's side, tending to business and helping to keep the witches in line. It was during one of the large parties he threw every year for New Orleans' supernatural and human when he got ahold of a microphone.

"Alright everybody, listen up!"

Within seconds, the party became silent.

"I love this girl right here," he said, pointing to you.

"And I wanted to ask her, in front of all of you, if she would marry me?" You smiled huge and said yes, to the applause from the crowd.

Jeremy: You were young-both 21-but you were desperately in love. He pulled you aside in your tiny apartment one day and said "I can't afford a ring, but I still want to ask you-will you marry me?" You stood there in shock while he rambled on, saying "I know this is weird and we're so young but I will buy you a ring and I just love you and-"

"Jer-" you cut him off. "Yes."

Enzo: He asked you in a very cute but traditional way. You were living together in Mystic Falls for three years. You were both very deeply in love, and so one day your boyfriend took you to a candlelight dinner and asked if you would let him become your fiancé.

Kai: Kai was bad with emotions, but he knew that he loved you. It was a cold evening in January and the two of you were slow dancing to jazz music in your living room. He stopped suddenly, pulled you close, and told you that he loved you. Confused, you told him that you loved him too, but he made his intentions clear when he took out a gorgeous sapphire ring, cleared his throat, told you again he loved you, and then begged you to marry him.

Elena: It was a quiet but sweet affair. She woke you up at three in the morning-it was July, so it was already warm outside-, and took you outside. You drove to a spot overlooking the ocean and she pulled out a ring and said "I love you so, so, much, and I'm not good with words, but will you please marry me?"

Caroline: It was, of course, a flashy affair. She hired Stefan, Damon, Elena and Bonnie to kidnap you and drag you to the airport, where you were put on a flight to London. Caroline picked you up at the airport, took you in front of Westminster Abbey, and got down on one knee and asked you to marry her. You then spent the rest of the week being tourists in London with your fiancee. 

Bonnie: With magic, of course. She enchanted dozens of roses to decorate your entire home, and she made you a huge breakfast with pancakes and fruit. She set off a mini fireworks display in your shared bedroom, gave a huge speech about how much she loved you, and with tears in both of your eyes, she asked you to marry her.

Katherine: It was 1930, and homosexuality was a taboo subject. Katherine loved you to death, but you both knew she could never have proposed to you in public. Instead, quietly, in the dead of night, you two went out onto the roof of your shared home and she asked you. You didn't know how you would be married, but being engaged to the love of your life was worth it. 

Rebekah: She employed Elijah to entertain you for an afternoon. The two of you went to a movie and got lunch with Rebekah and Kol decorated their mansion with flowers and hearts. You were shocked when you got there and moved towards Rebekah to ask what was going on when she abruptly got down on one knee and asked you to marry her.