On the Mountains

Third person's pov:

The three people walk in the mountain forest. Yoko hold her master's hand, dragging her, while the Thunder Beast lead the way.

Hime-chan released her servant's grip then collapse on her knees. She was panting from out of breath and her heart throbbed out from her chest. Yoko felt the same thing too, but Yona is in worst condition.

"Yona-hime. Do you need to rest?" Hak asked, turning at the princess. She nodded and slipped her hair ornament in her vest. Yoko didn't notice it, Hak did, but didn't utter a word.

The masked servant let the frail princess rest under the tree while Hak is guarding her. Then Yona slept peacefully.

The Raijuu was buried under his thoughts. Yoko noticed his actions. She sigh and rest beside Yona-hime.

"The princess is all alone now." Yoko gaze at her master.

Hak nodded. "Yeah. It's hard to believe Emperor Il is dead." he response and he was still clouded under his thoughts.

"You should calm down a little, Hak." Yoko told him, observing his actions. "Especially Hime-chan didn't know anything about filth or misery. It is best that we should priority her first before anything else."

Hak's pov:

After Yoko fell asleep, i remember that time three years ago of how i became the Princess' bodyguard, as if it were yesterday.

(A/N: The flashbacks will be at the next chapter.)

I gaze up the sky. "Emperor Il, are you watching over us from somewhere even now?"

I crouched closer to Hime-chan and gently wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"I will protect the regrets you left behind. And i promise you one day, we'll be back at your castle."

Yona's pov:

-------------------------------------------------

I remember that day, 10 years ago when Soo-won, Hak, and i play in the snow and how we get sick.

Now, i am a 6 year old girl who alones in the darkness. Nobody is here. Until i found father standing at the distance.

"Father! Father!" i called and approach towards him.

As he was in my reach, he collapse with the bloody wound on him. In a flash, i'm 16 years old now.

I looked up and saw what is in front of me. . . Soo-won?! He is still holding the sword that killed my father.

He took a short gaze at me then faces at the opposite direction. I follow his gaze and reveals an another body. It was Yoko. Why her?

She was pinned on the wall with her wrists cuffed on it. She did not wear her mask or a cloak, her back reveals two huge, black, bat-like wings.

Soo-won approaches to her. "I had finally killed at last, Phantom Assassin." he acted like i was not here, then raised his sword, and stabbed her right at the chest that made her screamed in pain.

Soo-won disappeared in the darkness leaving Yoko to her death. She cried for help and her blood kept dripping on the floor.

"Yoko!" i ran towards her, but i didn't move and drew further away from her.

Yoko gaze up to me with her eyes are full of despair, hatred, and pain. More salty tears keep falling down her bloody cheeks as she spoke her last breath, "Y-Yona...?" she said weakly with a tear drop on her cheeks as her eyes are full of relief.