Morning After the Wedding

You blinked your eyes and stretched as you looked at the rays of sunshine peeking through the crack in the curtains. You saw your wedding ring sparkle on your left hand as the sunshine hit it. You smiled to yourself. You were married. You were Mrs. Niall Horan.

You turned your head to the other side of the bed. You looked over at Niall who was still sleeping. His eyelids were fluttering slightly from the dream he was having, His lips were slightly parted. His chest rose up and down with every breath he took. He was beautiful. You could lay there watching him like that for hours. He didn't have the stress of a tour, or media, or fans, or rumors. He didn't have anything on his shoulders. You loved when he was relaxed like that.

Niall rolled onto his side as his eyelids opened. His lips immediately curved into a smile as soon as his eyes landed on you.

"Why you staring babe?" He asked right before he yawned and stretched.

"Because you're so peaceful when you sleep. You don't have any stress or worries. I love seeing you like that." You admitted.

He reached out and ran his thumb over your cheek.

"I love you." He said softly.

"I love you too," you said.

"Come here," he said. He rolled onto his back and held his arm out. You scooted over and laid your head on his chest as he wrapped one arm around you. He kissed the top of your head as you ran your fingers mindlessly through the hair on his chest.

You looked at his left hand that was resting on his stomach. You ran your hand over the cool metal of his wedding band. You lifted his hand and played with the ring as you spun it around his finger.

"I can't believe we're married." You said looking away from his hand and up to his face.

"I know. It's crazy. But I wouldn't change it for anything." He said smiling at you.

"What time is it?" You asked.

He grabbed his phone from the night stand and turned the screen on.

"7:40." He said.

"What time does our flight leave?" You asked.

"Supposed to be 9 but we can leave whenever babe. We're taking the jet." He said right before he yawned.

You turned your head and looked up at him.

"The jet? Like the private jet?" You asked.

"Yeah," he said shaking it off like it was no big deal.

"I thought we were flying first class." You said.

"Babe, we're married now. What's mine is yours. I sometimes fly on the jet, which means, you'll be flying on the jet with me." He said.

You looked at him in disbelief. You were never going to get used to flying on private jets, wearing brand name clothes, and living the life of luxury. Things like that didn't happen to people where you came from.

"Let's get up babe." Niall said as he let go of you and turned to sit up on his side of the bed.

He turned his head to look back at you. You were still laying on your pillow with the blankets pulled over you. You gave him a tired smile.

"It's time to get up!" He said smiling at you.

You gave him a smirk before shaking your head and rolling over, pulling the covers up to your chin.

"Babe, we need to get up and get ready." He said.

You didn't say anything, instead you pretended to be sleeping.

"Babe...I know you aren't asleep." He said.

Again you stay quiet. You feel the bed dip behind you, and you know he's crawling towards you. You feel his warm breath on the back of your neck before he places a gentle kiss on the skin there. You relax against his touch. And then the blankets get ripped off of you and you hear him chuckle.

"That was mean!" You said.

"C'mon baby. Get up. Please." He spoke softly into your ear.

"I'm too tired. Can't walk." You said.

"Guess I'm just gonna have to carry you then." He said.

He crawls over you and climbs off the bed. And then reaches down and picks you up. He throws you over his shoulder and starts walking towards the bathroom.

"Niall! Put me down!" You said as you lightly hit his back and kicked your feet into the air while you laughed.

"No way baby." He said. You could hear the grin on his face through his voice.

He sits you down on the bathroom counter and you cross your arms and pout. You were not a morning person. And it was WAY too early to be up.

"You're so cute when you're cranky!" He said as he touched your nose with his finger tip.

"I am not cranky!"

"Ok, you're not cranky." He said. "Will you please get ready for me?"

"I suppose." You mumbled.

"Thank you, I love you." He said as he tilted your head up with his fingers and gently kissed you.

An hour later the two of you were making your way out of your suite and down towards the parking lot. Niall had both of your bags in his hands as he walked.

You made your way to the main door of the castle and were surprised to see your families waiting for you. Your mom and dad stood there along with your sister. And Niall's mum and dad and brother were also there.

"There they are!" Your mom said excitedly.

You walked over to her and gave her a hug. When you pulled away you noticed a tear sliding down her cheek.

"Don't cry, mom." You said wiping the tear away.

"I'm sorry. I just can't believe you're married and going off to see the world." She said.

"Don't worry, I'm in good hands. And I promise I'll come see you and dad when we get back." You said.

"Okay, be safe. Wear sunscreen or a hat." She said.

"I will mom." You said.

You gave her another hug before turning to your dad.

"All ready sweetheart?" He asked.

You nodded."Yeah, dad."

"Take care, okay?"

"I will. I love you dad." You said.

"I love you too, squirt." He said as he wrapped his arm around you and kissed the top of your head.

You stood and watched as your dad extended his hand to Niall. Niall set your bags down and shook your dad's hand.

"Take care of her, son." Your dad said. "Protect her."

"With my life." Niall promised.

"Congratulations sweetie. Take care and have fun, okay?" Maura said as she opened her arms to you.

"We will. Thank you for everything, Maura." You said wrapping your arms warmly around her.

She then turned to Niall. You saw a few tears escape as she stepped towards him.

"I love you, Niall." She said.

"I love you too mum. See you soon." He said.

Niall then looked at his watch and then to you.

"Ready?" He asked.

You smiled and nodded at him. You were ready to get in the car to the airport and spend a week alone with your new husband.

"Let me help you with those." Your dad said grabbing one of the bags from Niall.

Your dad and Niall loaded the bags into the back of the Range Rover while you gave your mom and Maura one last hug. You climbed into the passenger seat as Niall climbed in behind the wheel. He started the car and then turned to you.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready.