love handles

summary: dan is insecure about his curves and his hips and phil reassures dan that he loves them.

warnings: insecurities about weight/ cheeky smutty remarks

wc: 428

Dan sighed dramatically in an attempt to get Phil to look up from his laptop.

He giggled, "Something wrong, Dan?"

Dan giggled as well, "No, I just wanted your attention."

"Ah," Phil nodded, then closed the laptop. "Now you have it." He smiled.

"Aw, you're so cute." Dan looked down, fiddling with the uneven strings of his hoodie. "Well, now that you mention it, something has been bothering me."

Phil scooted closer to Dan, "What is it? You know you can talk to me."

Dan sighed again, poking at his hips. He'd been thinking recently about his slightly bigger form, about how whenever he puts on a pair of jeans a little bit of skin juts over the waist band. His curves have made him feel more insecure about himself lately.

"I dunno, I just don't feel, like... cute."

"DANIEL." Phil crossed his arms, obviously exaggerating.

"Hey, chill I'm not finished." Dan softly laughed. He switched into a more serious tone. "No, but like.. my hips are just bigger than I'd like them to be. And I'm so curvy and it makes me feel insecure about putting on some of my own clothes. I know it's my body but I can't help but hate it sometimes." All the while Dan was pushing his hips into his ribs, making them fade away in an alternate universe.

"Hey," Phil says sweetly. "Dan, I think your hips and your curves are lovely. They don't call them love handles for nothing, otherwise what would I hold onto when I'm kissing you?"

Dan grinned, blushing.

Phil stood up with Dan's hand in his, inviting him to stand as well. He gently placed his hands on his beautiful curves, kissing Dan as softly as ever. They broke apart slowly and Phil leaned forward to Dan's ear, whispering, "Or when I'm fucking you?"

Dan's face heated up even more and his eyes widened. Phil smirked, taking Dan in for a big hug.

"I love everything about you, babe. I'll never stop loving everything about you. Because I love you for who you are and your hips were the same when I fell in love with you. And if that's not a good reason to love your curves then I don't know what is." Phil placed a kiss on Dan's forehead, and Dan snuggled into his shoulder.

"Thank you, Phil. I love you"

"Of course, now how about I show you just how much I love them later?" Phil winked.

Dan said, "If I blush any more you could fry eggs on my face. But deal."