The Grimore Heart

Edited

As I walk near Natsu's side, I kinda get scared of every little thing. I'm not used to company on the island and if there's an S-class trial, Zeref usually lets me sleep through it until it's over. So, every time I hear another voice or a stick crackle, I jump up and hug Natsu a little. Happy usually likes to look at us and tease Natsu by saying 'you liiiiike her' or 'Natsu likes Yumi' one thousand times.

Natsu stretches his hands in the air and looks out over the sea we just passed. "We're never gonna find Mavis' grave at this rate!" He complains. "How the hell did Master even find it?"

"Aye..." Says Happy sprawled out on the sandy, hot terrain tired.

I smile a bit. Natsu looks at me and smiles too. He knows how happy I am. That's means he really is my brother.

"Natsu," I say to him. "What is being in a guild like? I mean, is it fun? Are there a lot of jobs? What do you do?"

Natsu stared into the sky a bit. "Well, he started. "If you're in a guild, then they're kinda like your family and you have to protect them. Jobs can be hard but fun if you have a team. And all you have to do is help the guild if they get in trouble."

I stared at him for a while. A guild was fun and your family? I've never heard of such thing. I only knew family as someone who was related to you. But, what if friends were also your family? What if I had even more family in the guild, not physically, but spiritually?

My thoughts were interrupted by a ship in the sky. It was held up by magic circles and the ship was huge. "What is that?" Yelled Natsu.

I looked at the ship closer. It wasn't an ordinary ship, that was a guild ship. I had my water wings ready. "Yumi," Natsu starts behind me. "Are you going to..."

"Y-yea, Natsu." I stammer. " I'm going to find out what that is, who's doing it, and what they're doing here. I-I'm scared of it, but I don't want anyone getting hurt."

My wings were ready. Happy and Natsu looked at them, surprised and worried. I felt bad for doing this to them, but I had to. For Fairy Tail and my new family.

I fly up to the ship, but I stay a little closer to land so if they have weapons I can stay closer to land and land safely. I see the ship's outer rim was made of metal and had a mark on it, a heart broken in two with lines over both of them. The magic circles holding the ship up was made by jets that produced them.

The ship looked more supported for transfer and not wars. I sighed in relief. And I was afraid that they had weapons! Still, I had to be cautious, looks can be deceiving.

I flew around the bottom of the glass at the top. There were people inside it. 8 of them were around a man in a chair, his one eye scanning them and his throne sitting him.

I see his eye scan the windows, it finally lands on me. I duck down. Did he see me? Was I that obvious? I knew one thing, I had to leave, no choice.

I ready my wings for landing. I had to tell Natsu everything I saw, then his master would know because I saw it all. I flew near the side to see if I missed anything.

I'm just glad to know that I can be useful...

Then, I heard a cannon door open. I turn around quick to dodge it, but I wasn't fast enough. The cannon was like a magic draining ball, and its aim was me. The ball swished past me. My leg suddenly felt as if all the strength in it has gone away. Zeref's magic finally took effect! I yelled in my mind. I couldn't dodge easily this time. I had to trust my left leg to do the dodging.

The cannon aimed back at me and followed me. I could go down, but the ocean would only make it heavier and I would have a risk of it hitting me. I don't want that. My only hope was using my magic to stop it. Then I would be safe.

I turned around to face the fast cannon ball. "Water Dragon Roar!" I yelled as I did my move. The ball dodged the move. What?! No one has dodged that before! Not even Zeref during training. That wasn't an ordinary tracking cannon...

I felt a lot of pain. My wings started disappearing. The cannon had hit me. It was all over. I fell to the ground and kept falling. I heard Natsu and Happy screaming out my name. Was this it? Would I never join Fairy Tail?

"Yumi!" I heard Natsu call out. He was going to catch me. I saw the ground, it was nearly over. I felt the sandy ground brush past my leg and someone catch me. Then, everything fell silent and darkness took me over.