9- New Maid

Theo's POV

I was sitting in a small corner of the stable near a nicely lit fire. I felt quite at peace as I sat there, contemplating ideas and thoughts. I heard a knock at the door and a frightened voice yell out a stuttering "hello?" Her voice was sweeter than honey and I wished to savour her sound as one might savour the taste of fine wine. I, being the gentleman I am, stood up immediately to greet the lady. She seemed to be a new maid.

"That's funny." I thought to myself. "I didn't know we had hired new staff."

She sat down by the fire and as the gleam of the burning ember radiated on her, I got to witness her facial features. She was beautiful. I've never thought a maid to be beautiful before. In their simple clothes with no makeup or exquisitely styled hair. Normally maids weren't my style, this girl however, was different. She seemed to look glamorous without the silk flowing gowns, scents and jewellery.

I took in all her features. She had long brown hair which hung in loose curls around her face, reaching down to her waist. Her eyes were the colour of emeralds and her lips appeared to be softer than a cloud, her smile opening my heart as she looked towards me. I couldn't help noticing her soft skin and delicate eyes and beautiful flowing hair and luscious lips and....
My thoughts trained off as I saw her looking at my lips. I almost leant in to scoop up hers in a beautiful kiss, but though against it. I am a fine gentleman after all. She blushed and moved her eyes to the left, scanning the entire premises as if avoiding my face. I smirked at her and we both laughed.

We began talking and I asked her if she was just a maid for the season of festivities. She said she was, but seemed unsure.

"So, I'm guessing you work at the palace?" She asked.
I was too busy taking in her beauty that I didn't realise the lack of respect she showed for me, as one would usually show to a royal.

She didn't know that I was the Prince.

I stuttered, mumbling along my words and informed her that I did indeed work at the palace. I told her I was a stableboy, God please forgive me for lying.

We continued conversation, and she seemed as if she hadn't noticed my hesitation in answering the working at the palace question. Hours had gone by and I hadn't noticed. It wasn't till the sun was rising that I realised I had wasted the whole night talking. I remembered the important... Uh.. Delegation that I had to attend and ran up, leaving her without even a goodbye. I would like to say I made a very graceful exit, walking out nobly and dignified. I did not embarrass myself at all. I walked like a prince.

Running up I couldn't help but replay the nights conversation throughout my head. I sighed and ran off up to the castle.