Year Five - Irritable

Start from the beginning

"But it worked out for you, Aunt Hermione, Uncle Ron and Uncle George!" Albus laughed.

"Uncle George is different," Harry defended, "He and Fred had a business to run, and I had given them my Tri Wizard earnings."

"What about you, Ron and Hermione?" Albus questioned. Eventually he was going to get to Draco and the unknown curse, but he wanted to wait, not to just suddenly shove it at his dad. He would let his dad bring it up so he wouldn't suspect that that's what Albus was after all along.

"I had a Dark Lord to defeat, and they're my best friends. I couldn't have done any of that without those two," Harry admitted.

"I'm sure you could have, aren't you like the most powerful wizard out there or something?" Albus teased.

Harry chuckled, "Apparently, but have you seen your Aunt Hermione? She's smarter than all of us combined. Without her brain I would have died in first year," Harry smiled thankfully.

"It seems like there was a lot of near death experiences while you were at school," Albus commented.

Harry nodded slowly, "It was kind of a hard time with Voldemort in power. It didn't help that he had Death Eaters within the school."

"Like who?" Albus asked feigning curiosity and cluelessness.

"Draco Malfoy for one," Harry gave his son a pointed look.

Albus furrowed his eyebrows, "I guess I knew that, but what'd he ever do to help 'Old Voldy' as James calls him," Albus cracked a smile. It was all fake.

Harry rolled his eyes at the 'Old Voldy' comment, "Well Voldemort used Draco as his entry into the school. He made Draco find a way for his Death Eaters to get into the school past all of Dumbledores wards. He also ordered Draco to kill Dumbledore," Harry informed.

"I thought you said Snape killed Dumbledore?" Albus asked, genuinely curious now.

"Snape did kill him, but only because Draco wasn't strong enough too," Harry explained.

"Didn't you ever try to stop Draco? Or did you even know until after?" Albus asked. They were on the track he wanted them to be.

"Well I always felt Draco was up to something... No one ever believed me, but he was always up to secretive things, especially during our sixth year," Harry said.

"Like what?" Albus asked.

"Well he'd always hang around the Room of Requirement, and he was actually making a way for the Death Eaters to come in. Ron Hermione thought I was crazy when I'd skip out on stuff to watch him on the Map," Harry shook his head, "They should have listened to me."

"Didn't you ever think to try and stop him in person?"

"Well once I did chase him into the bathroom-" Albus gave him a surprised look and Harry laughed, "No it's not what you think! We were having sort of a duel and there was this spell that I had read in my potions book-" Albus was giddy on the inside. His dad had fallen right into his trap without knowing it at all. "I didn't know what it was for but the note in my book had said 'for enemies'. Draco was my enemy, right?" Harry asked rhetorically, "I hadn't realized how bad it was, but it gave him horrible gashes all up his chest. It was quite scary actually, he collapsed and his robes and the floor were soaked in blood. I can still see his bloody body on the floor...  Nevermind that. He's fine now, right?"