Chapter 4

Alicia's POV:

It's been a week since Stef and I moved in with DJ and her boys. Jackson and I couldn't be closer. He's like my best friend, well beside Ramona. We may have only met one, but we text non stop. This morning I wake up to Max, who is on top of me, yelling at me to wake up.

"What?" I groan. One thing I should let y'all know is that I'm not a morning person. "It's time for Sunday brunch." He says. "Ugh, fine I'll get up in a second. Have you woken up you Aunt Stefanie?" I ask. He shakes his head vigorously. "Do that." I say. He nods with too much enthusiasm before going downstairs.

I sigh and role out of bed. I quickly pull on a robe and go down stairs. When I finally make it down all the stairs I go and make myself a cup of coffee. When I was little my mom would always make me coffee. I've never actually had hot chocolate.

I look over at the table and see DJ holding a milkshake in Jackson's face. 'Oh boy, he will not take this well. No matter how cute a couple Ramona and him would make. "Can I have some hot fudge on my pancakes?" He asks her. "Sure honey." Dj says. "Ok, you're up to something." He says.

DJ walks over to where I am while Stef and Max come up the stairs. "I finally got her up. Aunt Stefanie is NOT a morning person." Max says. "No, no, Aunt Stefanie is a night person." She says. I laugh. In the short time I lived with her in England it took me about twenty minutes to get her up.

"Clubs are going off, bottles are popping, people are hooking up." She says. DJ gives her a look. "Their X-boxs." She finishes. I giggle at her failed attempt to cover up what she just said. "Aunt Stef, Alicia, let's go get some juice." She says. "I don't want juice." Stef says. "Yeah, I already have something." i say, holding up my mug.

"Then help me pick out my juice." She says, grabbing both our arms and pulling us towards the fridge. "Their such good juice picker outers." DJ explains. All three of us stick our heads in the fridge, it is kinda crowded.

"I still haven't told the boys that Kimmy and Ramona are moving in today." DJ says. "Chicken." Stef says, reaching for some fried chicken. "Ok, I'm a little chicken." DJ says. "No, I'm talking about the fried chicken." She says, grabbing a piece. I grab one too and I end up spilling some beans in the process.

"The boys have been through so many changes and now here's another one and I just don't know how they're going to react. So don't says a word until I find the right time to break the news." DJ says. "Sorry, I spilled the beans." I say, taking a bite of chicken.

"You told them?" She asks me. "No, I spilled the beans when I was reaching for the chicken." I explain. DJ sighs and we pull out of the fridge. I go over to the table and DJ hands me a plate of pancakes and bacon with syrup. I quickly dive in.

Right now DJ is putting quite a hefty about of whip cream on Jackson's pancakes. I role my eyes at this and continue eating. "Mom, just tell me, what's going on?" He asks. "Um, ok. You might think this is bad news, but it's really good news, just hiding in not so great news. It's like collie flower filled with jelly beans." DJ explains.

"Come on mom, how bad can it be?" He asks, getting up from his seat. Suddenly Kimmy and Ramona walk through the door. "I've waited my whole life to says this. Home sweet home." Kimmy says. Jackson's face is priceless.

He looks at DJ. "No." He says. I giggle. "Yes." DJ says. "Come here sister wives." Kimmy says, grabbing me and pulling me towards Stef and hugging us. "Um, Kimmy? You can let go now." I say. "So now you all know the good news. Kimmy and Ramona are here to help us out, and we really appreciate it, don't we boys?" DJ asks.

"Works for me. The more people to drive me around, the merrier." Max says. "uh, jelly bean filled collie flower my butt." Jackson says, going outside. I sigh and look at DJ. "Go ahead Ali." She says. I nod and race out the door.

I find him in his room. "Hey Jacks. Can I sit?" I ask. "Sure." He says, making room for me to sit by him on the bench. "How are you?" I ask. "Why did it have to be Ramona Gibbler, anyone, but Ramona Gibbler?" He asks. "I know you and Ramona don't particularly like each other right now, but you'll soon become friends." I say.

"It's just too many changes too fast. I'm having a hard time keeping up." He says. "I understand. When m parents died I didn't want to move in with your Aunt. I didn't even like her, but now, she is like my big sister. I'm closer to her than I ever was to my friends in England." I say.

"Yeah, but Aunt Stefanie is cool and nice, Ramona isn't." He says. "Once you get to know her, i know you'll change your mind. Your mom just wants the best for you. At least you have a mom. I lost both my parents to some drunk idiot." I say. "I'll give Ramona a try." He says. I smile and hug him.

I run into the house and into my room where Kimmy, DJ, and Ramona are. They are checking out Nicky and Alex's old room. my suit cases are in the middle of the room. "Where Nicky and Alex Hobbits?" Ramona asks DJ. They all exit and see me. "Oh, hey Ali." Ramona says. "Mona." I say. We smile at each other.

"Maybe I should go live with papa." Ramona says. "You know you're papa is always on the road, so you're stuck with your mama. "Or you can get me a nice apartment and i can raise myself. "Ramona do your homework. Ramona, clean your room. Ramona listen to Ramona. Wow, this mom thing is so easy." She says.

"I got an idea from when I was a kid. This might work out for Jackson, Max, and Ali, and for you. What if I have the boys share a room and you two can share your room downstairs. Private, big closet, big enough for all of y'all's clothing put together." DJ says. "I'm listening." She says.

"That was it." DJ explains. "Or, you can stay up here with me. We can have mother daughter and friend sleepovers every night." Kimmy says, putting her arms around our shoulders. Ramona and I share a look.

"Let's go check out that other bedroom."