♠ His Regret ♠

Prologue

I always thought my life was going to be the way I planed it, never did I think of the many things that could go wrong.
We always envision our future the way we want it, but not once do we think What if something happens?
Well, I for sure had everything the way I wanted it to be. Not once did I think I would be where I am right now.
It feels like I'm only dreaming, when in reality things did go wrong.
I graduated from college with a degree in business. I was ready to make a life for myself and the man I was in love with.
Never did I think that he would proposed the night after we graduated. I still remember every single detail.
We got marry four months after. We where happy at being newly weds and most of the time we where together.
Our marriage kept going strong for a year in a half. During our second year of marriage things got a little rough. We fought a lot and some times my husband would come home late or not at all.
Until the day of our anniversary. I cleaned and cooked a special dinner but he never showed.
The clock showed eleven 11:45. my husband was supposed to be home an hour and a half ago but he was not. I was mad and shocked that he would forget this special day. I wanted to know what was that keep him busy but never did I expect what I saw.
I grabed my keys and took little care to the fancy dress I was wearing and walked to my car. When I arrived at his company the security guard told me he was still available at his office.
Quickly getting in the elevator I pressed the floor number 33. As the elevator ascended to his floor, It felt like something was wrong.
Once the elevator stopped and opened, I started walking down the corridor that let to his office. As I was getting closer, I started to hear muffled sounds that soon turned in to grunts and moans.
I was afraid of what might be behind that door but I needed to confirm what I was hearing.

With shaky hands, I grabbed the door nob and twist it opening the door. What I saw behind in that office left me heart broken and devastated. There in his office was my husband with his pants pooled at the floor and a women on his desk having sex. With the person who I always trusted the most, my best friend, and still had the decency to say, "Pierce, its not what it looks like". That's all I heard and him calling my name as I took off to the elevator.
Once down in the reception desk, I saw the security guard give me a pity look and I asked, "How long has this been going on?" "I'm sorry to tell you this Mrs. Smith, it has been happening for a month. I have only found out yesterday",was his reply. " How did you found out?",I demanded. "We have cameras in all office's and once a week we check the boss office, I went through all the footage and it shows its been happening for the past month ma'am".
I realized then that most of our fights where because of his guilt. That night I went to the house I called our home and packed my stuff. Leaving behind my wedding band and engagement ring and a note.

The divorce papers will arrive by the end of next week.
Truly yours:
Pierce Matson

But the thing I'll never forget from that night was the regret that held his eyes.
The regret of his unloyalty.
The regret of losing someone that loved him so dearly.
But without his regret I wouldn't be where I am now. The successful CEO of the multi billionaire designing company, Matson Corp.