Tears were sliding down her face in attempt to comfort her. They couldn’t comfort. They couldn’t stop this man from crawling into her skin like a hormonal dog. She knew how to fight but the skills that were embroidered in her soul became paralyzed and frozen in this period of time.

 Once he was finished with her, he slit one side of her face with the letter X; the screams of pain didn’t even faze him.

“Something to remember me by love.” He whispered in her ear as he licked the ‘X’ on her face. He pulled his hoodie closer to his face as he walked back in the same direction he took before, as if nothing ever happened.

She laid there crying, naked on the dirty sidewalk with the blood flowing out of her. Passersby’s’ still ignored her. Shooed the image of her like an annoying fly.  She summoned the courage to grab for her phone and dial 911. She was embarrassed and ashamed but she had no choice but to call. She gave them the information while putting her clothes back on. They promised her that an ambulance would come and get her.

While she was putting her last article of clothing on, a man in a suit took one single look at her for just a second. Within that same second, the judgments began to formulate in his mind like bees swarming in a bee’s hive.  In that same second, she instantly became angrier at him than at her rapist. He had the nerve to laugh and remarked:

“You’re that much of a whore that you couldn’t get a room?”

She didn’t say anything but her middle finger did as he walked away with one hand in his pocket and his pride so high that it blocked the risen sun. But karma had plans to knock down his pride soon. She waited for the ambulance to come as she leaned against the fence with bitterness staining her face like suffocating make-up as she watched the passerby’s’ watch her.

Finally, the ambulance came and the male paramedics came out of the ambulance and took one long look at her. The look that he gave her could condemn all sinners to hell while they burn with shame biting at them like acid. She was use to those looks and the way he came up to her as if he was afraid he will catch her sickness. She pushed his efforts away to take her inside the ambulance and went inside of it without his help. As they were driving her to the hospital, they held their nose as they asked her the general information about herself since she reeked of dirty sweat.

Once they arrived at the hospital, she was immediately taken to the E.R to do a rape kit. In the process of doing a rape kit, two policemen came in to ask her questions concerning the rape. Once they asked her for her name and general information, one of them asked the first question concerning the rape:

“What were you wearing?”

She told them exactly what was on her mind:

“I was wearing clothes, you jerk.”

“I apologize. It’s just that your clothes were revealing.” The officer replied back, looking   at her clothes that were in a bag, trying to hide the disgusting smirk that was forming at the side of his mouth.

“So what if they were revealing. Their clothes!” She answered back with anger shivering all over her body like she was in the middle of winter.

“Well, it makes a big difference. You probably provoked the rapist.”

“So you’re saying it’s my fault for getting raped?”

“Well, it’s not your fault but you should’ve been a little more discreet in what you wear.” His voice held no shame.

“Why do I have to change my clothes because some dimwit can’t control his freaking desires?! Why aren’t you blaming him?!” She exclaimed, her anger taking her to new heights.