If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 43 [Hello World]

Start from the beginning

Will squeezed my hand back “I don't know how you’re taking this so calmly darlin’, I feel as if my chest is about to explode at any second.” He said honestly, exhaling a deep breath and I squeezed his hand back.

I smiled softly kissing his hand I held “Just think, in the next twelve hours or so we’re going to have our little treasure in our arms, nothing bad is happening out of all of this.” I murmured softly, reassuringly.

Will took a deep breath “I know, you’re right. Sorry.” He murmured “I shou- Ah!” he protested quickly looking over at me, startled.

I hissed my hand strangling and crushing Will’s at the sharp pain shooting through the lower part of my body. I tried to breathe evenly through it as coached by Will and learnt from our classes, something I knew to do from movies alone though. The pain didn't last long at all since it was only the early hours. Yet feeling that first contraction suddenly set the nerves and anxiety in, I was going to give birth right now and it was going to kill.

“Did....did you call our parents?” I asked taking a deep breath as shutting my eyes as I realized I was going to need all the strength I could get.

Will shook his head “I’ll call them once we’re at the hospital, don't stress, its okay it’s going to be okay, I promise.” He reassured now taking control whereas I was now the one freaking out beyond means at all the thoughts spiralling through my head at how we weren’t read when really we had been ready for months now.

"And get them to go back to the house and lock up. And swap the other cars around, we can't take our baby home in a two seater." I paused on a hiss, my teeth grinding "And once we're there I'll need to change into a hospital gown, I got your shirt drenched." I whimpered sadly, I'd stolen his largest and most strechable shirt for bed time and now it was drenched at the end with...fluid. It was ruined.

"Hey, hey darlin', it's okay. I've got it covered." he cooed soothingly, his voice so lulling that I was positive he'd be best when it came to putting our little one to bed "And as for the shirt, once we get back home with our treasure we can wash it or hell you can steal another one of my smaller ones. You've been saying you can't wait to lose the big stomach." he squeezed my hand soothingly, a little uncertain when it came to talking my weight not to mention keeping me composed and not a snivelling mess.

"You always know just what to say." I breathed, my knuckles whitening as I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

Before I knew it Will was pulling up at the town’s local and only hospital. Will rushed me in; the nurses called Felicity in, found me a wheelchair and prepared a room for me. All the whilst Will called up our parents and friends letting them know the baby was on the baby, none of them took the offer of visiting later in the morning, all of them hung up saying they’d be their shortly, no matter how long the labour would take.

Whilst waiting for our room to be ready Will crouched down before me rubbing my stomach and kissing random parts of my body as he cooed soothing and reassuring words to me, or helped me throughout the contractions and my breathing. The contractions grew more and more closer together and quicker as time wore on and it felt as if someone had turned my stomach into rock and was coiling itself tighter and tighter around me to the point I felt as if all my bones were about to snap. From there on in things became a frantic blur mixed and stirred in with the oncoming slaughter and strain of the pain the contractions pulled me in and under.

The next nine hours was a rollercoaster ride of tears, sweat, cursing, accusation and more sweat and tears. It was the most excruciating pain I had ever experienced and it left me in a sobbing mess. Will was a saint holding my hand the entire time letting me break his bones and taking on the chin all the insults and accusation I through his way and trying to reassure me I didn’t need any more drugs or a c section.