If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 8 [Just Say Yes]

Just say yes, just say there's nothing holding you back/It's not a test, nor a trick of the mind/Only love~Snow Patrol - Just Say Yes

The next thing that crept into my darkness was the piercing brightness stabbing my eyes. Wincing groggily I sat up wiping my eyes. It was as I sat on the edge of the my bed that the breezed wisped around me and the smell hit; a smell that comforted me more than anything, a smell that made me smile and want to curl back up into a ball and bathe in it all day. Will's smell.

Instantly I scanned my room; empty, empty, empty. It was as I was losing all hope and the smell wasn't even welcoming anymore that I saw it, a flicker of color over by my window, getting up I rushed over. There stuck on the window was a sticky note, and scrawled n it was the most beautiful and yet messiest writing possible;

'Tanz, I stayed, I swear. But I thought it'd be safer to leave once your dad awoke, so I've gone, for now - I'll see you soon darlin' xx'

Beaming I pressed it to my skin trying to soak it up, instantly I tore it away. "Ow!"I gasped as I looked down, lowering my singlet top to reveal a purple/red gash I'd forgotten about, but looked down at it and it's outburst I instantly throbbed. It was redder and more tender, instantly anxious I walked to the bathroom and pulled out the first aid kit. Wincing I pulled the box off the top shelf. Hastily I scanned the box and grabbed the first thing that looked helpful. Rubbing it on cautiously I was prepared to recoil by the slightest bump. Packing it all up I went back to my room; it was eleven o'clock.

Chucking on cargos and a black 'v' neck long sleeve I went outside, my thoughts mixed.

My smile came back at the sight of dad. He was over a Ute. Practically skipping over I spoke my voice full of excitement. "Somebody need their Ute fixed? Want help?" I asked.

"Jesus Tanze don't creep up on an old man like that!" I laughed. "You slept in late." He noted.

I shrugged trying to hide my worry; did he hear us last night? "Didn't get much sleep the other night with the girls here." I said half truthfully.

He nodded wiping down the metal pipe. "Yeah, it was good though. I mean you girls, well I don't know how you lasted." He said honestly.

I smiled with excitement "It's gonna be so great!" I said leaning against the Ute. "Nice color."  I noted my hands stroking its sleek exterior.

Dad smiled, "That's good. Wouldn't want your first car having an ugly color."

I blinked "You serious!?" I asked slowly in disbelief. His smile grew wider. "I am serious, is this a joke?" I asked again, his eyes began to crinkle at the edge as his smile grew. "Thanks!" I practically squealed as my arms threw around him, he chuckled into my hair.

"I'm glad you like it." He said pulling back. "It was put on sale outside the shop, and, well after you using mine I realized one vehicle may be a hassle." I laughed "So here you go squirt." I clapped my hands in excitement. "That's the phone." He said disappearing up the front steps inside.

Circling the car I surveyed t; dark midnight blue 2006 HOLDEN UTE VZ VZ MY06 S model. Everything was beautiful and almost perfect but as a car lover I wanted the best and I loved to dress and do up cars. I loved a challenge. The spoilers were nice but could be improved. No clear signs of scratches or dints. Jumping in it I closed the door behind me, my smile wide as the smell of freshly vacuumed hit me. My hands curled over the steering wheel, tentatively but also confidently I reached for the keys, t started with ease and a beautiful hum. I giggled as I revved it feeling the thrum of its 3565 engine size. I ran my hand along the sleek inside interior, the stereo system was reasonable but it could have bigger and louder speakers and surround sound.