Chapter 4

Joel dragged me out of the house and we started walking.
"So now tell me about yourself."  he said. "First you." I replied.
"Very well okay, well I'm 16. I like to sing. I like photography. I'm really tall compared to you. (;"
"Oh wow" I gave him a look of disapproval then returned to staring at my moving feet.
"Well I mean it's true. But that's cute that your short. That means I can hug you easier." He was about to hug me but I took a step back. "What are you doing?" "I said I was going to hug you. We're you not listening?" "I was, I just thought you were joking....and I'm not used to people hugging me so it's awkward" I whispered that last part and I'm not sure if he heard or not.
"I didn't mean to scare you or anything and I wasn't joking. If you don't want me to hug you I won't." He said.
Now I'm going to look bad both ways. If I say no I'm going to be rude, but if I say yes he's going to think I'm thirsty. Ad if I say I don't know he's going to think I'm an indecisive hoe. Oh god what do I do? Right when I was going to reply, he put his hand around my shoulder and said "well since you seem unsure of what you should say I'll just do this" than he smiled. I looked down and smiled. This felt comfortable and not awkward. We walked in silence until we reached our destination. He still hadn't taken his arm off my shoulder but that was okay. We walked in to Starbucks and he ordered our drinks. He didn't ask me what I wanted but I was surprised when he came back to our table and had my favorite drink in his hand. "This is my favorite drink so I thought you should try it. That's why I didn't ask what you wanted"
"Well um, it's my favorite drink as well. thanks."
"Oh wow see we already have something in common ! Hey let's not stay here. I want to go to a park if that's fine with you?"
"Yeah that's fine."
We went to the park and sat on a Bench and we talked for about an hour. Then we decided to go to the swing set. We were swinging in silence and we stayed like that for about 30 minutes straight. This brought back so many memories. "I remember I had come here before, as a child. I used to come often..Then when my mom died I stopped coming" I realized I had said that out loud. "Really? I'm so sorry. If you want we can go."  He said. "No no it's fine. I enjoy this peace that is here. Why do you think there is no one else here?" "Well it's pretty late. I mean no one likes being outside that much really and never this late" "so we should do something since there is no one else here. I mean like play or something. Let's be little kids again come on y/n." "Well I don't know, I mean it would look weird" " there is no one else here so if that's your excuse then you have no option but to come and play with me and go down the slide" "well..fine."
We went up the playground and I just realized how high this was. I grabbed onto the railing and stepped back. Bumping into Joel. "Hey are you okay?" "Yeah...um..okay no. I don't like heights..." Joel's face turned from being worried into a beautiful smile. "It's fine y/n come on. Let's go down the slide." I reached the slide and sat down I was about to slide down when Joel says "wait!" "What??" "I'm going to go down with you." He sat down behind me and grabbed me from my waist. He was holding me really tight. "Are you ready Joel?" "Yes maybe no! I'm joking yes I'm rea--" before he finished I started sliding down. It was fun and I started smiling. We reached the bottom and there was a big puddle of water. Since I was in the front I saw it coming and moved out of the way but Joel didn't. And yes he landed right in it. Instead of Joel freaking out like I thought he would've, he started laughing. Then he realized his phone had fallen in the puddle. He picked it up and tried turning it on but it was soaked. In that moment I started apologizing and freaking out he was probably going to hate me oh my god !! "Joel I'm so sorry I didn't mean to I-I-" "hey it's okay that was actually pretty fun. But you didn't get wet.." I saw a mischievous grin form on his face and I realized what he was about to do. "Joel no you better not get near me I don't want to get wet." In the moment I stopped talking he started running towards me. I ran I. The other direction. And he chased me for a while. I loved to run. That is something I enjoyed very much. But I got tired and stopped to catch my breath. I didn't see Joel anywhere. I went back towards the playground and called out "Joel" right then I felt someone's hands wrap around my waist and mouth. Oh god what is happening?

Cliff hanger (: I'll post more later today hope you enjoyed. Don't forget to vote !