Chapter 13 | CryBaby |

Melanie headed off to school after the different dream this morning. This time the dream was realistic, something she had lived through. The details were so vivid as if she was re-living it over again. Now that was something she didn't want back, to have no one with her.

 She was greeted by her friends, early morning, probably why she didn't go right away with them yesterday since she was occupied at the library.

"Melanie!"

"Where were you yesterday? I saw you in class and how about lunch? You weren't there either?"

"I apologize, I was researching some topics at the library during my breaks."

"Oh, about what? Oh no did I miss any assignment? Wait was it for Mr. Washington? No I forgot about the essay no no n-"

"Melody, no it was something on my behalf, nothing school related."

"Oh then let's go with Dustin he seems quite lonely."

Dustin was over the back benches, sitting cris crossed, fumbling with his fingers, every now and then looking back as if searching, for someone. Now you see, Dustin  wasn't the quite kind of person, he was more of the loud, perky one.

"Dustin? What's wrong?"

"I- I - I got to go.." he said as he ran off.

"Dustin wait!"

Melanie ran after him, bumping into a person here and there, probably likely to trip anytime soon with all those benches and Melanie having to be not so graceful and more of a clumsy individual. 

I later found Dustin curled up crying in the deep corner of the basketball courts, wiping of his tears and turning away as he saw me.

"Dustin? a-are you okay?"

"Leave me alone Melanie" he snapped back.

"Oh, Dustin talk to me."

"No, you won't understand , everything for you is great! Always complaining 'bout things you have when there's others who actually don't have it, and you don't see us complaining. Just put a sweet face and complain and beg but don't care what other's are going through and feel!  I I- I'm sorry I'm just really, uh you know what just , just leave me alone for now!" He said as he ran off this time for good.

Melanie didn't bother going after him now, she understood he wanted to be left alone, and what he said hit her hard.

-

She headed back to their little group gathering of friends, spotting Melody hugging and comforting Dustin, looking up giving a face of disgust? Then proceeded with their activities as if they never saw Melanie in the first place.

Melanie greeted them with a simple Hi yet still nobody bothered to look up.

"What's up with the stares?"

"What's up with the attitude and remarks? "

"What?"

"Just , just go please" were Melody's final words.

-

I headed of to the library, doing some additional research about this so called "Raven Blu".

Dustin's POV  (ooOhh)

(1 Week Before)

(Trigger warning?)

"Wake Up! Lazy ass, don't you see you have work to do before class? But noooo, all you do is think about yourself ! Selfish much?"

"Nooo, no I'm sorry , I was up late doing work for my classes in school."

"Oh so you blaming it on he school? Have you seen your grades? You have a B- in Science! And you expect me to believe it's homework? "

"I'm sorry, it was the exams-"

"EXAMS? I'm pretty sure if you did your work and studied you would do great, now I am not paying for you to be lazy for college, you better get loads of scholarships if you want to afford it. "

"I didn't have time to study , ma'm I was cleaning the house while you were in that trip that week, and then Blake came with his friends and I had to attend his guest and they stayed ov-"

"Oh so you're blaming me? " 

And that's where it happened. Again. The slap.

-

"Dusty! We're hooo-Omme , haha Oh my GoD Kerri! uhh wait you're Jade? Oh yeah whatEVer"

yay! Blake's back. ah sarcasm. 

"What is this shit? Why is the house unclean and dirty! This is your fucking job!"

Keeping the house clean, only when you come to fuck some random chick? Nope. Scared of you? Yup.

"I'm leaving but I'll be back, better have this place clean by the time I get back!"

Ahhh, everyone's gone, time to look for the key of my room! I searched here and there trying to find where it could be hidden or placed, finally finding it in the bottom of a drawer.

I decided to lock myself in my room, never done it before, and to be honest I'm scared as hell but I'm in the top floor and the doors going to be locked right?

I took every food, electronics, clean clothing and everything waiting for their arrival. 

This may not seem the biggest deal but I am abused at home physically and mentally, by my "mother" and her boyfriend. Her boyfriend , Blake, always cheating on my "mother" and even cheating on his lover, probably out with a new women every day. He made me swear not to tell or else, things would happen but I could care less about my "mother". 

We live in a huge house I have to admit they're pretty wealthy but once again I could care less, it's not like they do anything or give anything to me. I might runaway soon but so far I haven't had the gut to do it. But soon will come the right time. 

I stayed there all night feeling happy with myself for once, feeling accomplished but I thought too soon and in no time it was gone.

"Open Up! I know you're locked in there!"

Shit. Blake.

"I'll knock down the door if you don't open up!" 

Shit, didn't think of that. Shit. Shit. Shit.

The window? Yes. But, I never thought clearly of running away, not just yet at least. I have no choice. 

And that's when I messed up. I ran as fast as I could but he noticed and called his friends whom caught me. I was tied up, ready for my punishment. Good thing it was a few days ago on Friday right? I mean the wounds healed enough for makeup by Monday, Tuesday and Today.

(Present time still Dustin's POV)

Man I really don't know why I snapped at Melanie or why I lied to my friends about her, it just happened at the moment and now I feel real bad. Maybe I am just tired of chirpy people being happy here and there, I may not know her inner problems but that's what her life seems in a nutshell.

 I want to ask her what her "research" is about I saw some of her pages during class, somewhere with the name Raven Blu, I believe? If so I may know something or two, easy that's my "mother's" name.

-

Sorry it's not the longest like I promised but hey it's 500 words longer and I wanted to update:)