Honey. Darlin'. Doll.

(Harley is now Harvey)

"Honey! I'm home!" Harvey squealed, his accented voice familiar to <y/n>. She hummed in acknowledgement and opened the door to greet him.
"Welcome home, Harvey." The girl greeted, removing the villain's coat from him and hanging it on a clothes rack as per her routine. The man rested his hammer on his shoulder and pouted inquisitively.
"Things aren't so good, pumpkin. I nearly had him! I did! That horrible, wretched murderer! Doesn't bat boy know that some people have jobs to do? It's not easy to kill him if he keeps moving!"
His counterpart furrowed her brow
"Isn't that the point?"
"I'll get him one day for killing my puddin'!"
Harvey skipped towards the hallway, heading into the direction of the shrine.
"If you need me, i'll be with her. Toodles!"

<y/n> smiled meekly, but said nothing. She was well aware of Quinn's obsession with The Joker. <y/n> always knew that The Joker manipulated Harvey.  He would always act so unquestionably loyal towards her, more so than the average brainless goon. She abused him during their on-and-off relationship, discarding Harvey whenever he was unneeded. The worst thing about the whole fiasco was that <y/n> knew; despite their destructive relationship, The Joker always wanted the best for Harvey. That hidden affection only served to fuel Harvey's twisted love.

When they weren't consumed by the hate part of their cycle, there was one person Harvey that would seek comfort in, but he wouldn't come to her for anything else. <y/n> was an off-brand replacement. In a pathetic sense, she understood why Harvey would find it hard to leave that cycle; she herself had one with Harvey Quinn. But no matter what, <y/n> couldn't wrest the control that The Joker held, even now in death. She was no match for the queen.

"MY DARLIN'!"

<y/n> rolled her eyes. Harlequins were supposed to be mute beings, and Harvey was anything but. It was charming in a sense; he was loud and proud. <y/n> could hear him proclaiming his love and it cut her to the core.

She would never describe The Joker as a pretty face. She didn't have full eyelashes or filled in brows or unblemished skin.

And she wouldn't care for Harvey tenderly. She wouldn't bandage his wounds or take off his coat or pick glass out of his back, but she was chaotic; chaotic and insane. Two things <y/n> could never be.
"I'd care for you tenderly, wouldn't I?" She thought aloud.
"I care for you tenderly now. I bandage your wounds, I take off your coat, I pick glass out of your back. I don't need to be chaotic or insane to be loved." She declared angrily
"But no. She mistreated him. She abused him. Yet she's the one with a shrine, and not me."

She could feel a lingering presence behind her, and a breath on her neck. She froze, knowing who it was.
"Interesting." He smirked, playing with a loose lock of her hair. She took a sharp breath, trying to prevent her cheeks from tinting red as Harvey toyed with her. He gently pulled her towards him by easing his arm around her waist, and dipped her down. They were nose to nose. His eyes wandered her features.
"She's the one with the shrine??" He breathed. <y/n> stayed silent.

Harvey grabbed the girl by her throat and lifted her as she choked, but she did not struggle.
"I don't think you thought it through, darlin'!" He whispered, his voice dripping with glee. His hold didn't loosen.
"But listen here, doll. She earned that shrine. What did you do?" He growled, his giddy voice gone and his accent faded. <y/n> choked and nodded compliantly.
"If it weren't for her, you wouldn't be here. You're nothing compared to her. Nothing." He hissed, releasing <y/n>. She mumbled an apology.

He grinned back at her and blew her a kiss.
"Anyways, i'm a one-gal type of guy. And I need to go; B-man ain't gonna drop dead over night. At least I hope not. It's more fun that way!" His high, accented voice exclaimed as he climbed out of a window and into the night.
<y/n>'s fist clenched.

Stupid Joker.