Chapter 11 - Surprise!

Hailey's P.O.V

"It's ringing," Ross whispered, placing his hands on my thighs.

"Hey, mom!" I spoke through the mic, seeing my parents smile.

"Hailes, how are you doing, honey?"

"I'm great! Hey dad!"

"Mr. Eldon," Ross shyly spoke making me smile. He's always been so shy around my parents, I was too, around his parents.

"Hailey, that is one, beautiful necklace you're wearing," I saw mom gush, cutting Ross off as he was about to speak up. "Where did you get it?"

I held it smiling, feeling Ross' hands on my back. "This one, Ross got it for me the day before yesterday," I paused looking at him, "on our anniversary. "

"Your anniversary? You guys have been together for a whole year?!"

"Yeah," he smiled, locking our hands. "And I really hope we go on for much, much longer than that."

"Awe," mom sighed, grabbing my attention from Ross' eyes. She's always been a fan of romance.

"It's pure, white gold. So precious, " I whispered, not able to take my eyes of Ross'. They're way too attractive to ignore.

"So, honey," dad cleared his throat, making Ross blush madly. "How much money do you need for this month's allowance?"

"Whatever seems appealing, dad. I -"

"Mr. Eldon, " Ross interrupted, smiling slightly. "As long as Hailey's with me, she doesn't need to worry about money. I'm with her, and I'd have no problem what so ever, paying for everything. "

"Son, I understand that you want to make her happy, and I appreciate it, but you don't have to."

"I want to, sir."

My lips curved into a small smile, as I tucked the falling strand of my hair behind my ear.

I felt Ross rub my shoulder softly, signalling he wanted my attention.

"What's - what are they talking about?"

I looked back at the screen to see mom shake her head as dad smirked.

Oh no.

No

No.

"I need to find the truth and it'll be clear in one simple action, honey," he whispered as mom rolled her eyes, sighing.

"You're gonna make the poor boy feel extra shy."

"Ross?" Dad called making him raise his eyebrows .

"Yeah?"

"Kiss Hailey."

"Excuse me?" He cleared his throat making me bite my lip. Damn dad.

"Kiss Hailey!"

"O-okay," he gulped turning to me. I looked down, smiling as his hands found my cheeks.

He kissed my temple making me awe softly. He really was shy.

"Ross, kiss my daughter," dad recited, making him clear his throat.

"Like, on the lips?"

"Eldon, stop."

"Just do it!"

He crashed his lips on mine, making my eyes widen before I kissed him back, letting my fingers get lost in his luscious hair.