Chapter 9: All Mine, Only Mine

Start from the beginning

River, pumped about finally getting Serena all alone to himself, ran to the driver's seat, buckling himself and took off. He was not going to waste one more second being apart when all he wanted was to embrace Serena. But he knew he needed to calm down and lay everything out to Serena. Rushing things would only result in a failed attempt of a real and lasting relationship — much like one he shared with Lynn.

"I hope you're hungry," River inclined as he reached out, putting his right hand over Serena's knee, facing it up, wanting Serena to place her hand in his.

Biting her lips, Serena stared at River's hand as she tried to figure what it was that River wanted. Surely he wouldn't want me to ....would he? Despite the internal debate going in her mind, Serena did what her heart longed for. Reaching out, Serena hovered her trembling hand over his. Her heart pounded harshly as she brushed her fingers to the inside of his palm yet too scared to fully place her hand in his.

The moment River felt Serena's touch, his hand reacted instantly, jolting upwards and encompassing her soft hand in a tight hold. Interlacing their fingers, River chuckled upon hearing a small gasp escaping Serena and placed their entwined hands over his lap.

"I have everything ready. Lunch is taken care of," bringing her hand up, River pressed a firm kiss on the back of it. "Although there's something else I'd rather eat. But I guess I'll just have to make due with lunch for now," River grunted in a low-key manner, the deep huskiness of his voice, sending lethal doses of shockwaves that surged Serena's entire entity in stupor.

"Where are we going?" Serena croaked out brokenly from the lack of moisture in her throat, in attempt to divert to a different, much safer topic.

"Some place where there'll be no interruption," River smirked, throwing a quick glance at Serena. And where there'll be no escape.... Other than within my arms

"And where exactly is that?" Serena asked curiously.

"Now where would be the fun if I just tell you. Guess you'll have to wait and see for yourself," River chuckled as he drew slow circles on the back of her hand, comforting Serena. After all, he wouldn't want to frighten her, knowing very well that there was absolutely no way he would be able to resist touching her in any way, shape or form.

"Awww... Please River! Tell me," Serena softly pleaded but River just chuckled and kissed her hand.

"Can you at least tell me why we're here," Serena asked, getting out of the car when they've arrived to their supposed destination, only to receive a shake of River's head.

Puckering her lips into a pout, a wave of desire wrecked through River's body as a flair of arousal hit him and all he wanted to do was push her against the car and gobble her up, gorging on her plumb, enticing lips that trembled lightly.

F-ck. "Don't do that," River groaned, bringing his thumb to her mouth. River rubbed her bottom lip, smearing along the pink flesh, causing Serena's lips to part. Leaning in, River placed a haste kiss on her forehead and then grabbed her hand , leading her down the park they went to the first time after meeting each other. It was the place where it all started from the moment he had laid his head on her lap. Had gotten his first glimpse of peace.

Staggering to River's side, Serena basked in River's heat and slightly tightened her fingers around his hand that engulfed hers. It no longer mattered where they were going or what River wanted to tell her, so long as River was by her side, Serena didn't feel the need to fret in angst.

Recognition entered Serena's mind when they walked down the trail. Memories of the last time they came here rushed to her mind and a smile grew on her face. The only difference now was that she was hand in hand with River instead of just their shoulders grazing each other.