[cover] The Shuttle

Author @kaiwattz
Payment credit

Hope you like it! Thanks for supporting us :)

Plot summary-
You never know true beauty until you see Earth from space, or true terror until you hear someone knocking on the space station door from outside.

Mist has fogged through the porthole, and I can hardly see through the unclear glass. But I see someone, an older man, with his concealed NASA uniform on. But all the crew is inside and accounted for?

I use the comm to ask who he is, and his voice comes out raspy and hoarse through the monitor.

"Ramirez Reyes," his eyes look stone cold, crystal clear due to the starlight sky.

"I'm returning from a repair mission," he tells me solemnly. But Ramirez is sitting right next to me in the command module, seemingly just as confused as I am.

"How is that possible? Ramirez is here, in the shuttle!" I yell, confusion clouding my mind. The thoughts wave through me, causing me to loose focus.

As soon as I tell the man this, he starts banging on the door, louder and harder each time, begging me to let him in, saying he's the real Ramirez. Meanwhile, the Ramirez inside with me is pleading to keep the airlock shut.

It really puts life on earth into perspective!