Part 2 - Mr Jackson

*Aubrey's POV*

Wow... I think to myself, he's so handsome! Yet so arrogant.

He went back to his home after introducing himself as he had work to do. I didn't get a chance to ask what he does for a living but oh well. I barely know the man and I don't care. I went into the kitchen to get started on dinner. I'm making some casserole, I sighed knowing I can finally relax. While that was cooking I decided to pour myself a glass of wine and go sit on the front porch. I sit down and take out my book. I like to read. Was peaceful until I see a furry four legged creature run into my garden.

"Hey!" I yell, putting down my book and wine before leaping to the dog in my garden. "Get out of here!"

"Bo! Come here boy!" I hear a familiar sweet voice call out to the black and white fluff ball with four legs.

You've got to be kidding, he's Michael's dog? First he makes loud enough noise to wake the whole country and now his dog is running around in my front yard?! I glare at Michael with my hands on my hips.

"Seriously? Is there anything else you want to do to annoy me today? If so just do it now and get it over with" I spat. Michael looked up at me with confusion.

"He's just my dog, he didn't do any harm to you or your garden. What's the problem?" He asks with a hint of irritation in his voice.

"The problem...is that I can't get any piece and quiet for longer than 5 minutes around here. Today has been excruciatingly stressful for me and I just want to relax. Is that too much to ask?" I reply. He smirks, the hell is he smirking at?

"Wow. You're so full of yourself aren't you?" He asks with the most smug look on his face, "You think you're the only one that feels stressed or has a hard time. News flash sweetheart, the world doesn't revolve around you. Do you ever consider anyone else's feelings before you open your mouth? You think because you're pretty you can get your way? No, your life is meant to be stressful just like everyone else's. So suck it up and stop blaming everyone else but yourself for your shit" He puts a leash on his dog then goes back to his house.

Wow, I've never been spoken to like that before. I feel angry yet annoyed because he's right. Ever since I met him I've made it seem as though everything's about me. But he doesn't have to be so damn rude about it! I scoff and go back inside.

*Michael's POV*

I bring Bo back to the house and close all the doors making sure he doesn't get out again. I sigh to myself. Damn. For such a gorgeous girl Aubrey sure has a mouth on her. I do feel slightly guilty for the way I treated her but she got me so mad. I look down at my four legged friend who's giving me a funny look.

"What? I tried to be nice to her but she's too up herself" I bend down and pat his head, he runs off to play.

I've decided that I will just keep my distance from Aubrey for now until whatever is going on with her subsides. Wouldn't want her to bite my head off again for doing nothing wrong. I go take a shower and lay in bed staring at the ceiling. No matter how hard I try I just cannot stop thinking about her. I eventually fall asleep.

The next morning I get ready for work. I make sure I've got everything before I go, it's my first day at a new firm, I'm a lawyer. I make my coffee to go. I look at Bo who's sitting in his usual spot on the chair.

"Behave yourself" I say looking at him, his tail wags in response.

As I walk out of the door to go to my car I look over at Aubrey in her driveway leaning against her car with her head in her hands. I know I said I'd keep my distance but she doesn't look okay. I walk over to her.

"Are you alright?" I ask her. She looks up at me, looking like she wants to crawl into a hole and never come out.

"No" She sighs, "My car won't start, I'm trying to get to work."

"I can take you" I offer, she looks at me like I've just lost my mind.

"Why?" She turns to face me.

"Because your car isn't starting?" I question looking her confused.

"You yell at me yesterday and tell me I'm up myself and you want to drive me to work?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Well I'm offering. You want to be late or make it in time?" I'm starting to get irritated. Like come on...take it or leave it.

"Okay" She sighs then grabs her bag and walks with me back to my car. I open the passenger door for her, she gives me a smile and gets in. I couldn't help but smile as I close her door before running over to get in my side. I start driving, looking over at her and ask.

"Where do you need to be?" She looks at me.

"Just the hospital" I nod and turn my attention back to the road. This is going to be a long and awkward drive.