Smile

I wake up, head pounding. The world around me is dark and my eyes take a while to adjust. My waved, long, dark brown hair is messy. It coats my face in a barrier protecting me from the outside world. I'm wearing black skinny jeans and a black low cut shirt. A silver chain from a pocket watch clearly visible, protruding from jean pocket and hooked on by belt. My feet are covered in black laced up, high heel boots that stop at my lower calf. A cold chain hangs around my neck. It's a silver necklace With a key hanging from it.

I lift my throbbing head and now notice chains connected to shackles on my wrists. My surroundings are dark but it seems to be an open room. The walls are covered in wood paneling and the floor is a lino material. Two doors act as entrances to the room.

I look to my right and see a man slumped in a similar position to me. He has short dark brown hair, from what I can see. I can't really make out his clothing but it seems to be jeans and a shirt. He was staring at me. "How are you?" He asks me in a soft and sweet voice. "I'm okay. Who are you?" I reply with a shaking voice like I had been crying.
"My names Jasper. You know before you were crying," this explained the feeling, "I came in and you were hiding under covers balling your eyes out when I started talking with you and it was like I was alien. You never listened just looked around the place. Several butterflies flew past and you were transfixed by the beautiful creatures fluttering around. Who are you?" I was completely thrown off by the question. My mind back to who he was. I didn't trust him one bit. I went to speak but I was interrupted. "Are you hungry?"
"No." I reply with clear hesitance. I really wasn't listening just watching his every move in case he tried something.

The chains on his wrists flow freely as he stands and walks off. My brain trailing to anything else I could remember, but nothing came up. The darkness of the room started to devour me and I felt tiny. Jasper came in with a cardboard box plate in his hands. In one hand he has a blunt knife and fork. He walks towards me with the box and place it on my legs. I really don't trust him.

He looms over me. A darker shadow in his wake. "May I have the cutlery please?" I ask as sweetly as I can, my eyes never leaving his face. I know what he could do. I want them so he can't. Instead of a reply I hear giggles. "Oh, really? I need them." I am terrified. I know what he could do. I don't want to die. I look around go any means of escape. A lady walks in and interrupts my search. She is quite tall with mid length blonde hair. She walks behind Jasper and wraps her arms around him, clinging to him. It makes me sick.

Jasper flings the knife at me. As it impales me I scream. Thick red blood pours from my right shoulder. I stand up pulling the knife out of me, wincing as I do so. Blood pours from the freshly made wound. The sting wasn't as painful as I thought. The lady was behind me with the fork and Jasper was searching, I'm guessing for a sharp kitchen knife. The woman runs up to me and implants the fork in my arm, pain immediately shooting to the inflicted area. I turn around quickly before she could get away I thrust the knife into her side as far as I could get it to go, a gargled scream rips from her throat as she falls to the ground, clutching her side. A smile makes its way onto my face. 'I enjoyed that' I say to myself. I shake my head pulling the fork out my arm swinging around to face Jasper. Where the fuck did that thought come from? What the hell?!? I look down at my shaking hands confused but I still can't remove the smile from my face. I enjoyed that.

Jasper lunges at me with the sharp knife, I try to dodge it but it cuts in to my left arm. A sweet sting comes from the cut. Why? Why am I like this? I'm not a crazed character, am I? I run towards him and lodge the fork into his right shoulder spraying blood into my face as I do so. The crunch heard from the blood vessels and other things in is body brings me to life. His face once so strong breaks slightly still not letting his guard down his chained wrist comes up and cuts across my waist stinging erupts from the slice. A triumphant smile glides across his face. I grab the knife his holding and stab it into his left shoulder. Pulling it out slightly. Several veins come up and I damage them slightly. Only enough to cause immense, blistering pain. I implant the knife back into his blood soaked shoulder. His once white shirt was now almost fully stained red. The noises he made seemed like they had fallen into oblivion for me. The words 'keep going, do it again' repeat over and over in my mind. The smile never wavered on my face.

The woman crawls to Jaspers feet climbing up him for support. Claiming him as her own. She takes out the cutlery deeply implanted into him. He screams run rampant through the house and bring me much joy. The woman hands him the sharp knife. I run out the door behind me. But is wasn't the one closest to my parents room chains ring against the the floor as I run round the corner.

I hide there as I hear a body fall limp to the floor. I got her. I killed her. Jasper comes running to the door I left out of. His naive pursuit atonement makes me chuckle. While he runs for me at this door I run to my parents room lifting the chains from the floor holding them to make as little noise as possible. My steps are quiet and hushed as I sprint down the short corridor closing the door as I reach my dad.

I shake him continuously but to no avail. I try to call out to him but my voice is void, null. My dad continued to sleep. I hear steps echo down the corridor as Jasper came towards the room. "Please daddy, wake up. Help me!" My voice never came, I was alone.

The door swung open and I ducked down beside the bed. Crawling slowly and carefully towards the end of the dark, shadowed bed. Jasper entered their bathroom and I abruptly followed, quietly. He was looking in the bathtub for me when I entered. I creep up behind him my hands clenched in fists. As he turns he cuts my right wrist. Pain engulfed my right arm and blood oozing from the wound covered the floor. Luckily I'm ambidextrous. He swings again but misses. I slam my foot down on the back of his right knee. The heal almost implants itself snugly in his leg. He falls to the ground wallowing I pain as I pick up the knife. He gets up limping.

No matter what he does he can't win. My unwavering smile becomes bigger as I slice him across his stomach. Thick dark blood runs from the cut and blood pours from his mouth. He swears several times however I don't listen to his pleas. The knife already thickly coated, dropping blood impales his side. I twist it as he falls dead to the ground. The limp body engulfed in the blackness.

I just killed two people. I should be crying, screaming, at the very least shaking, but I can't. I'm happy. I smile at what I have done. I cut the shackles from my wrists dropping them to the blood covered floor. I grab my long black trench coat and leave with my blood drenched knife and clothes.

Sweet Dreams...