Suicide.

Warning: suicide and sadness.

4:51 am: I can't sleep for some fucking reason. I'm not even tired. Wish you were here with me.

4:51 am: Message not sent. Number disconnected. Try again later.

4:53 am: I'm sorry if your busy, I just need something to do before I go crazy.

4:53 am: Message not sent. Number disconnected. Try again later.

4:54 am: I'm seriously considering doing it. I don't want to be without you anymore.

4:54 am: Message not sent. Number disconnected. Try again later.

4:56 am: You couldn't have just fucking stuck it out for me, for us.

4:56 am: Message not sent. Number disconnected. Try again later.

4:57 am: I understand though...I do.

4:57 am: Message not sent. Number disconnected. Try again later.

4:58 am: And I fucking hate that you never told me anything. I know I was overprotective and jealous all of the time, but it's because I care about you so much it hurts.

4:58 am: Message not sent. Number disconnected. Try again later.

4:59 am: I'll see you soon love.

4:59 am: Message not sent. Number disconnected. Try again later.

And in the still darkness, a single gunshot rang out, his thin body falling back against his bed, the gun falling next to him.

George Ryan Ross III was pronounced dead at only 17 years old on August 29th 2002, only a day before his 18th birthday. Cause of death: a single gunshot wound to the head. Authorities say his fingerprints were found on the gun next to his body, which leads to the suspicion he committed suicide. His cell phone, also found next to him, was open to his girlfriend's number, who committed suicide just last spring. More on this story next, on News Channel Eight.

Spencer didn't need to hear more. First his little sister, and then his best friend? Who would be taken from him next? He turned the TV off, and ran his hands through his growing hair, tears filling his crystal blue eyes. He didn't know how many more funerals he could go through until he finally broke.

The whole Smith family was still shaken up over the quick departure of his sister, and Ryan was just like family. What would he tell his parents? 'Hey, guess what? My best friend just killed himself and there was nothing I could do to help him'? That wouldn't go over well, but he knew deep down they would find out somehow, even if he didn't tell them.

His mother came home first, and Spencer decided to just sit her down and tell her what had happened, and most likely why it had probably happened. She burst through the front door, tears spilling down her pale cheeks. "Spencer... I'm so sorry. Ryan, he's...he's gone honey." He got up and hugged her tightly, both of them needing the comfort. "I know." He whispered sadly.

The funeral was held three days after Ryan's birthday would have happened. It was a small funeral, with only Spencer and his parents, Ryan's mother, and Brendon. His father never showed and everyone else was kept out, no one wanting random kids from school showing up and pretending that they cared about the young teenager.

Spencer sat in the front pew in-between Brendon and his mom, everyone looking at their feet while the pastor talked. Brendon and Spencer were called forward to say a few words each and next Ryan's mother, who broke down crying halfway through.

The burial was quiet, exactly like the service, everyone shivering in the cold September rain. Ryan's body was laid to rest next to his young soulmate's, both bound together by a small piece of silver on her left hand. An unnamed promise that they could finally be fully together next January, the month of her eighteenth birthday. They both left the world before that promise could be kept.

This story has been in my journal for a few days because I wrote it at 5 in the morning and I thought you guys might want to read it. Sorry that it's so depressing.