Chapter Two : They're Coming

"Ohayo gozaimasu[1], Boss." I murmured, walking through the sliding doors and into the cold atmosphere of the store.

The short, fiery haired woman turned from the shelf she was at, "Mm, Ohayo gozaimasu, Bo." her voice as condescending as ever. "I need you to man the cash register."

I held back a groan and nodded, continuing to walk passed her to the back. "Sure thing." She hummed, ignoring my presence.

I continued my way, passing the entrance to the back greeting my friendly co-workers as I went. Once I got to my locker, I dropped my jacket and tied on my piss yellow colored apron. ugh. Aprons.

From there, I went on my way to the cash register and stood ready for the day to hit me.

~*~

Normally, I would've gone home hours ago. But Boss thought it'd be awesome to waste my time and made me clean the whole store. Damn old hag.

"Ja-ne[2], Bo-chan!" Mai beamed as she headed for the door.

I looked up from my mop, giving a small smile and wave, "Ja-ne, Mai." I called, just before she exited.

Yay. Alone now.

Ugh. . .

Tired, I slammed the mop into the bucket, wiping glossy sweat from my forehead. At least I don't drip sweat. Ew.

I carried the bucket back to the back storage and set it down aside the focette.

"Phew." I blew out, wiping another hand across my face. Now. Time to leave this hell hole.

After I threw my apron off and tossed my jacket back on, I headed out the door and locked up. The sky was now completely dark. Purple and blue mixtured colors painted the sky with tiny little stars lighting paths to nowhere. I released a sigh, staring at the lovely stars. Night is my element. Definitely.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets and began my stroll back to my house. It's always harder at night but, eh, I'll survive. Flickering street lights lighted my path. The night was so peaceful. Truthfully, I would rather live in a place where it's always night. Stars would always glisten, the moon would stay in the sky to shine down on me with it's illuminating light. Such beauty.

Before I knew it, I made it back to my apartment. I trudged my way up the steps. My hand slipped into my pocket, my fingertips touching a small cold object. I grasped it and pulled it out. The light illuminating from a near by post shined over the object, revealing a gold key.

I arrived at the door, jamming the key in the lock and jerked it, the door soon being able to be pushed in. My finger reached over to the side wall as I walked in, flicking the porch light on. Gotta admit, I'm pretty beat right now. But that wont stop me from my usual routine.

I made my way passed the kitchen and up the stairs. A down cast feeling covered me as I passed my mothers room. Matte[3], Bo. I scolded myself. Most times I try to stop myself from grieving. You know, trying to stay strong and all.

I cleared my throat and kept walking until I passed through my bedroom door. First thing I did was kick my shoes off and walk over to my closet. Quickly, my gaze skimmed the line of clothing. I picked out a black jacket and reached down to the floor where my black combat boots sat.

Once I slipped them on I made my way to the side window of my room and pushed it open. It was a bit narrow, but I always managed to slip through it and onto the roof. A slight cold breeze brushed into me making a small shiver run up my spine. I turned, facing the house again, and moved over to my right. With a jump, I gripped the edge of the house and pulled myself onto the very top. The stars seemed to shine brighter up here. And it never ceases to amaze me. I pushed my hands into my jacket pockets and moved to the center of the roof and sat down. My gaze never left the sky. They stayed, drowning in the pure darkness of the night.

I sighed, sliding down to where I laid flat against the cold stone roof. Slowly, my eyes began to drift shut. I didn't mind though. I've slept out here before. Nothing new.

Silence enveloped my hearing. Everything was so still. So perfect. It felt like this peace couldn't be found anywhere except in heaven.

"Be prepared, My Daughter. They are coming for you."

My eyes shot open as I jolted up. Suddenly, I wasn't so tired. I whipped around, looking for the source of the mysterious voice.

"Who's there?!" I called out.

Nothing. .

I remained vigilant minute after minute. What the hell happened? Who was just here? Was it in my head?

And who's coming for me?

__________________________________________________________

Japanese - English Dictionary :

Ohayo gozaimasu[1] ~ Good Morning

Ja-ne[2] ~ Later or see ya

Matte[3] ~ Stop

A/N: So there's the 3rd Chapter, obviously. I hope you liked it. I know it was a bit short but I felt it should end on that part, so. Again, please comment and possibly hit that favorite button. It'd really make my day :) Thanks! xX

{Please note: I don't own any character's or the show Ao No Exorcist. I only own the character Bo Okazaki. Thanks!}