32 || falling into place ||

Start from the beginning

Today, I had been lounging around at our neighbours house -- Mrs. Blake. She had so kindly requested that I babysit her five year old daughter, Lily, while she went out on a date with her husband.

Honestly? I accepted her request only because I was getting paid.

The fact that Lily was the embodiment of innocence helped a lot in babysitting her. She lied on her stomach in front of the T.V screen along with Nina, happily sipping on her orange juice.

And since I was feeling quite bored, I texted Blaze and asked him if he could come over -- to which he replied to with a simple 'Okay'. I only shook my head at his ambiguous response, before extending my legs and awaiting his arrival.

The doorbell rang fifteen minutes later, and I had quickly looked into the mirror and checked my hair that was in a state of disarray, before tidying it up and yanking the front door open. There stood an impassive Blaze, dresses in a grey flannel shirt and black jeans.

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. "Do you not get tired of the colour grey?"

"Nope," he quipped as he pushed past me and languidly paced into the living room. A little smile spread across his face at the sheer sight of Nina, and he had stalked up toward her and ruffled up her hair, eliciting a delighted smile on her cherubic face.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I queried, plopping down on the couch and watching as Blaze introduced himself to Lily. He sighed at the sound of my voice and bent his head to meet my gaze.

"No." Then, turning to face Nina and Lily, he wholly ignored my existence.

"Blaze," I whined. "I called you over so you can keep me company, not them. They have each other."

"Shut up; we're trying to watch," he hissed, his gaze fixated on the T.V screen.

I groaned aloud, throwing my head back to stare up at the ceiling. Then, after a moment worth of consideration, I swung my legs over the edge of the couch and stalked up toward the kitchen. I sullenly dropped down on a stool and frowned as I eyed a groaning Blaze, who stomped his way toward me.

He plonked down on a stool and propped his elbow on the table, using it to hold up his head. Then, "What do you want from me, woman?"

I frowned. "I want to talk to you."

He licked his lips. "About what?" he asked levelly.

Hmm. I should definitely use the chance. "The kiss," I expressed, holding his gaze.

Although he was gazing down at the island, his eyes instantly snapped to mine in a matter of fleeting seconds. He swallowed hardly, then, "What?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I just wanted to know the reason why you kissed me."

"There is no reason. Jesus." He pushed a hand through his brown locks of hair. "Like you said, it's a date. People usually kiss during or after one."

My eyebrows rose in suspicion. "You didn't need to kiss me. No one was forcing you."

He scoffed derisively. "You were literally seconds away from getting down on your knees begging me to kiss you. I had to put you out of your misery someway or another."