Into the Flames

I made my way into the mountain, following the pressure I felt since entering this place, the power that is hidden here. Although my mission may be considered complete, I having found and infatuated the base, I know that there is more now, something we have been unaware of. It is as if the mountain's heart can be felt. And the deeper I descend into the caverns here, the more I can feel a presence. 

Even without light in this place, I am still able to find my way around easily, in less than an hour of searching, I find it. A massive grave in the heart of the mountain. A giant stone statue of a  powerful looking dragon is in the center of the large chamber I find myself in, and from this statue I can feel the presence I felt since first coming here. Beneath the massive monument is a craving: "Volvagia Master of Eldin, Ruler of All Flame, the Great Despair.

Volvagia was the name of a fierce dragon who was slayed by a Goron hero, and here is its resting place. And yet I can feel it, the regret and hatred never perished, it still haunts this place and perhaps it always will. There is little else to do here, so with the information I gathered, I leave and return to the castle to report my findings. 

Once I gave my report I went to my room to rest before going out in secret and searching for the Hero of Time once more. Before I left, I enchanted my chambers so that my presence will not be missing and my absence will be unnoticed. Leaving the castle is easy enough for someone with my training, I leap out the window and hide in the shadows before reaching trees that I climb through until I make my way out of the city entirely. Once I am away from the castle, I remain hidden as I make my way to the forest. While I walk a great deal, I also manage to find a cart going the same direction and hide within it, going completely unnoticed by the driver. 

Before long, I leave the cart and continue towards the forest. I know the risk of going into the Lost Woods, and I did my best to prepare, I bought rations and material to map out the place the best I could. The area is dense with tress and plants, and as I walk I leave markers on branches and shrubs. After a few hours of searching, I start to hear music. 

Cautiously I follow it deeper into the forest. I move quickly as the cheery tune guides me further and further into the woods, until I find a clearing.

On a tree stump sits a young girl playing a flute, or an ocarina, but she stops once she sees me.

"You shouldn't be here."

                                                                                        ********

After being informed of the location and weak points in the rebels supply base, and of the dragon tomb that Shiek discovered, Ganondorf quickly devised a plan to overpower both the supply base forces and the Gorons. He lead a group of his forces into the mountain, and use his power to revive the Dragon Volvagia to rain ruin upon those opposing him.