Chapter Seven

JOSSs POV-

3 weeks since San Diego

Mr. Crane had just gotten through with his lecture and decided to dismiss us 15 minutes early. "Well, class I hope you enjoy yourselves at the fall festival this weekend, but I'll be expecting those papers by midnight tomorrow night." A few people groaned at that last comment, including myself.

I packed my things into my back pack, saying bye to a few classmates, and headed out. The halls were covered with fall decorations for the Fall Festival this weekend. The girls and I had plans to go, especially me. I needed to do something to keep my mind off of Tony.

After San Diego, Tony had called or texted me the first week back home, but then it just all stopped. At first, I assumed he had just gotten busy with the band. Or at least that's what I wanted to believe. Three weeks. Three weeks Tony hadn't bothered to even send a simple text to let me know that he was still fairly much alive and he wasn't all a dream.

The girls hadn't mentioned or refrained from mentioning it to me anymore, if they had kept in contact with the guys, but I knew they did. After them asking me a bunch of times if I heard from Tony my answer remained the same. No. I guess they felt bad for me and decided to just not bring it up to me anymore.

Sage had asked why didn't I just text him, but I didn't want to be pushy or naggy. For pete's sake! I was not even his girlfriend! There were a lot of times I had laid in bed at night, debating with myself whether to text him or not, but I always decided against it. If he really wanted to talk to me, he would. That's what I told myself. And for the most part, school was a big distraction and I wouldn't allow myself to fall behind over some guy I had met over vacation.

Fern had talked to me about the whole situation and had simply said that maybe its not that he didn't want to talk to me, but that he was just really that busy? And I so wanted to believe that, I really did, but it seemed a whole lot more than that. I had told my mom about him, because I knew she would know what to tell me. She said, "Well honey, all you can do is just keep going on with your life. Time doesn't stop, it just keeps going and you don't want to get stuck behind." And I knew that was the truth.

But deep down I missed Tony, especially after that mind blowing kiss at the airport. It was the most electrifying kiss I had ever experienced with a guy. And that just killed me even more to know he had gone through all he did to make a perfect date, a mindblowing good-bye kiss, and to stop all contact. Who did that to someone?

The emotions I was going through were insane! One moment I could have complete happy, blissful thoughts. Next, I'd be angry and majorly pissed, then I'd end up sad and depressed. All these different waves of emotions were draining me like crazy. 

By the time I had gotten back home to Fern and I's house, I dropped my back and books next to the couch and laid myself down. "Joss what have you done to yourself?" I thought outloud, draping an arm over my arms.

I was just so tired, tired of feeling like I had been used, like I was not good enough to talk long distance, that I wasn't worth giving a call or text to. It was horrible to think such things, that Tony would do such things, but what was I to think?

Feeling completely exhausted I convinced myself to take a nap, it was highly needed after all this thinking and battling of thoughts I've been having.

*********************************************************************

Fall Festival

The cool night breeze started to kick up causing me to flip up the collar of my jacket. Fern and I were walking around trying to find Sage and Kibb. "Those two can never stay put." Fern grumbled as we tried to scope them out.