Eighteen

Monday

     "Cookie, wake up..." I kept hearing someone in my ear. "Cookie.." I pulled the covers over my head. "Let me sleep." She pulled the covers off of me. "Don't you have to work?" I sighed.

     "Do I have to go? My stomach hurts." She smacked her teeth. "Your stomach does not-" my eyes opened. I hopped out of the bed and ran into my bathroom, throwing up in the toilet. I felt a hand rubbing my back. She pulled my hair up behind me.

     "You okay?" She asked as I got up. I shook my head. "Can I get back in bed?" She nodded, picking me up. "I'll get you some ginger ale you could call out for work." I nodded, reaching for my phone.
**********
Later

     Sitting up in bed, I finished eating some soup my mom gave me as someone opened my door. Meek came in, shirtless. I smirked, rolling my eyes. "You can't come in here looking all hot while I'm sick and I can't kiss you."

     He laughed. "I just came from work and its hot as hell outside, you want me to pass out?" I shook my head as he came to sit beside me. "I don't want you to get sick. We think it's a virus."

     "I don't care." He went to kiss me but I stopped him. "My breath probably smells like vomit, soup, and ginger ale mixed together because that's all I've had all day."

     He nodded. "Aight, I do care about that." I shook my head. "I thought we were going to shoot tomorrow." He continued. "Well, obviously I can't if I'm still sick."

He laid his head on my shoulder. "What I'ma do the next few days." I ran my acrylic over his cheek. "Haircut." He smacked his teeth. "Okay, fine. Since you so pressed. What about after I get that done?"

      "Have fun with your friends or something. You don't have to be around me 24/7 Rihmeek." He chuckled. "What if I like being around you?" I shrugged. "I'm telling you to go hang out with your friends. Bye." He sighed, sitting up. "You need anything?" I laughed. "Oh my gosh, no. Go, Meek!" He laughed.

     Kissing my cheek, he got off my bed. "Bye Magic." I smiled. "Bye baby." He went out of my room as Michelle came in.

     "That was quick, I thought I'd have to be gone for at least an hour." I rolled my eyes. "Girl, boo. You not gone be here all week salty cause I'm happy." She scoffed. "I'm happy." I laughed. "Then stop worrying about me-" My stomach knotted up. Getting out of bed, I ran to the bathroom to throw up everything I'd just eaten.

     Michelle coming in behind me, sighing, pulled my hair up and rubbed my back. "I thought I stopped." I said in between breaths. She shook her head. "I think you need to go to the doctor."

I shook my head. "Mickey, I'm fine. Its just a virus." She sighed. "If you're still sick by Wednesday morning, you're going to the doctor." She said. I rolled my eyes. "Fine, since you won't leave it alone."
*********
Next Day

     Waking up, I felt a little better. My stomach had settled and I didn't feel like I did yesterday. Getting out of bed, I tried not wake up Michelle and I went to go take a shower.

     Getting out, Meek had called me. I called back, sitting on the closed toilet seat with my towel wrapped around my body.

     He answered. "Hey, Nic?"

"It's me. What's up?"

"Nothing, just seeing if you felt better."

"I do. I think I can still shoot that video today."

"Aight, you want me to come pick you up?"

"Yeah, you can. I just took a shower."

"I'll be over in a second."