Chapter 5

I stood in the middle of room, my heart beating rapidly and my breathing uneasy as I watched Patrick leave the room. Scenes of what happened moments ago constantly replay in my mind. Part of me wanted to slap Patrick for attempting to kiss me but the other half wishes that he did. I shook my head quickly throwing those thoughts in the back of my mind as I sat down on my bed.

"Jonathan" Andrew's loud voice boomed as he entered the dorm room.

"Yeah" I replied, trying to keep my voice steady so he wouldn't ask what was wrong.

"Corey's throwing this big party at his frat house and wanted both of us to go" He explained, excitement was still clear in his voice and the smile on his face was still there but it quickly faded when I shook my head in response.

Parties are not and never will be something I enjoyed. Being in a house, or in this case a small room filled with a bunch of drunk and hormonal people is not how I would want to spend to my Friday night. Or any night for that matter.

"I'm not going" I simply replied.

"Why not?" Andrew asked.

"Because I hate parties, plus I have an assignment I need to finish"

Andrew rolled his eyes."Oh please the assignment can wait"

"Did I mention it was due Tuesday?"

"Just come for a little bit Jon. I promise we won't stay long" I rolled my eyes, remembering what happened the last time he said that.

"Remember what happened the last time you said that?"

"Yes but this time I promise we'll come home early" he pleads and I chuckle. Andrew continues to beg and give me reasons on why I should go I ignored most of them but after hearing him go on and on for 10 whole minutes I began to get annoyed.

"Fine I'll come but we're leaving before midnight" I groan, making him cheer.

"Come on let's go" Andrew said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me outside.

As soon as we reach the frat house I instantly regret my decision of letting Andrew convince me to come here. Red cups scattered all across the lawn and drink people everywhere. I follow Andrew inside only to notice that it's even more crowded in here. The loud best of a song I'd never heard is blasted throughout the small space of living room and the smell of alcohol and sweat filled my nostrils instantly making me want to puke. I don't know how or why people find this entertaining.

I look beside me to ask Andrew something only to notice that he isn't there. I couldn't help but feel a bit nervous as I began pushing past people hoping to find him and as I continue my search someone hands me a red cup. I try to say no thank you but they're already gone. A few girls even try to get me to dance with them but I declined their offer and sat my cup on the counter before making my way to the living room.

I walk to the corner of the room, the least crowded part really and lean against the wall. The only thing I can actually see from here is people dancing while others make out and try to make it up the stairs without falling on their face. How lovely.

"Having fun?" I hear Teuvo say. He sips on his drink and sends me a warm smile.

It was nice to finally see someone I knew and  someone who wasn't drunk off their ass.

I frown and sigh."No not at all"

"First party?" He asked and all I could do was nod.

"So when do these parties end anyway?" I ask, hoping he would know the answer.

"They usually go all night and sometimes throughout half the day tomorrow" he replied. My breath gets caught in my throat and my mouth drops in shock. When the hell would Andrew drive me home? But the real question I'm dying to know the answer too is if he'll be able to drive me and himself home.

"How the hell am I supposed to get home now?"

"I don't know man, I mean I'd drive you home but I've already had two drinks and they weren't exactly what you would call light" he explained.

"It's fine Teuvo I'll find a way home, thanks for your help" I sent him one last smile before making my way upstairs in hopes that I'll find Andrew up here somewhere. I begin opening every door and either side of the not so crowded hallway but neither of them budge and I sure as hell don't want to know what's going on behind them either.

I finally reach a door that opens making me let out a sigh of relief, but when I entered the room it wasn't Andrew I noticed but instead it was Patrick. He must've noticed me because when he looked up he shot me a glare.

"What are you doing in here?"

"I'm looking for Andrew" I simply reply.

"Well he isn't in here so get out"

"Why did you almost kiss me yesterday?" The words left my mouth before I could stop them, making me instantly regret I ever said anything.

"Why are you asking me this?"he mumbled.

"I don't know, maybe because I was shocked that you would even do that" I replied seriousness was clear in my voice as I pinched the bridge of my nose, waiting patently for his answer.

"I don't know Jon, I seriously don't know" he let out a sigh as he ran a hand through his blonde curls, clearly frustrated.

"But I think the question you should be asking yourself is why didn't you stop me?" He took a step toward me, leaving little space between us.

"W-What" I nervously stuttered, not only from the question but mostly by the fact that he was coming closer to me.

"You heard me toes" his voice was low and raspy as he took another step towards me, so he is now in front of me. I tried to step away but my back hits the wall behind me and I find myself trapped between both the wall and Patrick.

I remained silent as I looked into Patrick's blue eyes that were now filled with what looked like lust. I felt his hands once again grab my wrists and place them above my head.

Here we go again.

"Do something" I'm sure I sounded desperate at this point, my voice was low and right now I wasn't sure if I was pleading for him to kiss me or let me go. My breathing hasn't slowed at all and my heart was beating rapidly against my chest. After what seemed like hours he finally let go of my wrist but this time places them on my hips, pulling me closer to his body. His chest is warm and the smell of cologne fills my nostrils, making me sigh.

"Why won't you do anything?" I breathed out, my dark brown eyes never leaving his icy blue ones.

"Ok" I was confused by his answer at first but when I felt his warm lips on mine it all made sense.