10: do you bleed?

Start from the beginning

Bucky didn't register what I said, just stared blankly at me. "You didn't do that at the safe house . . . When we fought, when you first woke up, you didn't do that. Your eyes went purple . . . But not anymore."

I stood up, shaking my head when Clint offered me the bandage. "Gotta be awake, apparently."

"So She's a bum when she's tired? And obnoxious when She's angry? Not much different from you, then?" Bucky smiled a cheeky smile before I punched his right arm.

"You're lucky She's stronger than me, motherf-"

"Children present!" Laura exclaimed as she wobbled outside, her and the children in full snow-suits.

I mouthed the rest of the word at Bucky, and he mocked me back. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. All three of us wordlessly made our way back to the couches. I sat with my feet on Bucky's lap, groaning as I realized I didn't get the coffee I went in there to refill.

"Amygdala." Clint said as he opened his laptop again.

"Pardon?" I asked, taking Bucky's coffee from his hands. "What about it?"

"Two nuclei located deep within the temporal lobes. They perform primary roles in memory, decisions-making, and emotional reactions." He looked up at me, then back at his screen. "Studies where the amygdala was stimulated appears to increase sexual and aggressive behavior."

Bucky cleared his throat and tried to hide his blushing cheeks. His neck blushed and I laughed, remembering a day ages ago. I nudged him with my knee. "Grandpa, having trouble hearing the word 'sexual'?" He told me to shut up and listen to Clint. I laughed again and listened.

"'Likewise, studies using brain lesions have shown that harm to the amygdala may produce the opposite effect.'" Clint continued, still smirking at Bucky.

"So they tried to damage my amygdala but it did the opposite?" I asked.

"Made it more sensitive and gave it triggers. Instead of being the weak drone, the example to the world of what Hydra could do, the triggers make you into Her." Bucky added on.

"And give you purple blood." Clint nodded.

"Thanks, Clint. Thanks." I glared at him. "I needed the reminder that I'm weird . . . from the circus sharpshooter."

"Any time." He chuckled. "But, my point was, I think that should be your name."

"Amygdala?" Bucky asked.

"It does fit. Nice Super name." Clint responded.

I wriggled in my seat, staring out the window. "Problem is, I don't want a Super name. I don't want to utilize what they did."

"Not even to fight them?" Bucky asked, eyes narrowed.

"Not even to battle satan. I want to put Her away, marry you formally, have a purple baby with a Vibranium arm, and die like a normal person." I muttered, taking a chug of the lukewarm coffee.

Bucky smiled, amused. "I'd love a purple baby with a Vibranium arm . . . But we can have that, Maisie Jo, and destroy the people that hurt us. Though, we should probably do the latter first. Keep our purple baby safe." He continued smiling as he rubbed my knee.

"If I wanted to keep fighting, I'd go back to SHIELD and let them have us both. I live in my coworkers house not out of choice, my love." I retorted. "It's because they don't want you - or me, I'd guess - back where we came from. Definitely not SHIELD, not Brooklyn, probably no where in public."

"He's actually from Shelbyville, Indiana, but Shelbyville probably doesn't want you either." Clint muttered as he put his laptop on the coffee table. Bucky and I both glared at him. "Any time." He smiled.