Chapter 14: Look What Your ABC's Got Me Into!

Start from the beginning

"Just making sure" she pulled candles from the box she previously carried while talking.

"You know, eventually, you're going to have to talk to her" I made clear.

"Could you make it a little less obvious you're on her side?" she asked.

"There are no sides, Bonnie" I promised.

"Oh, come on. Since Caroline became a vampire, we barely see each other. Losing Caroline was bad enough. I didn't think I'd lose you, too" Bonnie admitted.

"Come with me" I stepped away from the table and moved a few steps forward.

"Where?" I turned to her.

"Not here. Some place quiet. We need to talk" I held my hand out to her, she took it and I led her towards a deserted bench by the Lockwood's large pond. "My doppelganger vampire Katherine turned Caroline simply because she wanted to send a warning to her ex-lovers, Damon, and Stefan. She's also got a number one mission of trying to tear Stefan and Elena's relationship apart because she claims to have returned because of her love for Stefan, they've been trying to trick her by fake fighting in front of Care who Katherine now uses to get information" I explained.

"Why would Caroline help her get information?" Bonnie asked.

"Because Katherine threatened to hurt or kill Matty if she didn't, she was scared out of her mind and felt like she had no other choice but to help. And now Liz is trapped in the Salvatore's basement, we're waiting for the vervain to leave her system so all she knows about Damon, Stefan and Caroline being vampires can be wiped from her memory" we passed over a few rocks during my words.

"I can't believe this" Bonnie frowned as we reached the bench.

"It's a lot, I know" I sighed. "Katherine has been doing everything that she can to drive Stefan and Elena apart, and Caroline just got trapped in the middle, merely as a pawn in her game" we seated.

"It's not that Elena and Stefan are pretending to fight. It's that I didn't even know they were fighting at all" Bonnie admitted in an angry tone.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to keep things from you, but this isn't even my secret to share, have you even talked to Elena?" I asked and she shook her head. "That's why you're not getting told, you made it pretty clear to her where you stand with the whole vampire thing."

"So that makes me the odd man out" Bonnie spoke softly.

"No. No, Bonnie, of course not" I denied.

"I know where I stand, Kat. And I know where you stand. But where do we stand?" she frowned.

"You're one of my best friends, Bonnie. But so is Caroline, and I'm sorry that I let this craziness with her get in the way of our friendship. But she needs you, too. I understand if you're not ready yet, but she doesn't. She's still the same old Care and you know it, please just give her a chance" I pleaded.

"Not yet, I just...she's a vampire. I can't" Bonnie looked over the pond and to the setup. "I think we should get back" she stood and walked away, I sighed in annoyance.

-TIME SKIP-

"There's nothing like tortured screams to put a smile on your face" I walked towards Damon's torturing position by the fireplace.

"What are you doing here?" he frowned at me.

"I didn't want to help get a stupid rock from a murky well, I'm not ruining this outfit" I did a little spin and stood next to Mason's hurting body.