7. A kiss in the dark, love your secret admirer.

The day after I went to Johns I was at my locker in the morning the first time Parker tried to talk to me. Before he could even get out a full word I put my hand over his face stopping him and said, "Look, I agreed to the date, that means you leave me alone until Friday."

In which Parker just laughed and said, "Baby, we both know you'll come crawling back before then." Before he walked away. I didn't even bother to yell anything after him as I rolled my eyes and turned back to talking to Eve, who stared at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked pulling my books from my locker before closing it.

"You agreed to going on a date with Parker?"

I sigh, "Yeah, I figure if I say yes and go on the date then he'll stop trying after. You know it's all about the chase." This is exactly what I told John and the honest truth of why I'm going on the date. There is no part of me that likes Parker.

Eve just shakes her head, "You're going on a date with someone that looks like that just so that they'll leave you alone?"

I shrug, "Yeah. I like John... Well.. I love John."

She shakes her head again, "You're so lucky and you don't even know it."

I look over to where John and Parker are standing, "If I was lucky it would be John asking me on a date, not his best friend." Then we walked to our first period classes and for the rest of the day she grilled me about what I was going to wear and how I was going to do my make up and hair. 

Now it's Friday and currently I'm done with my test and just sitting watching John struggle with it. I had to move my desk so that we weren't right next to each other and now I'm behind him. Which is the perfect place to watch him without him noticing. If I thought he was gorgeous before then I was wrong. This look of utter confusion and loathing for the piece of paper before him makes me want to jump on top of him. Which I know is weird, but he's just so cute. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the school year.

It is way to soon that the bell rings and I'm forced to stop watching John. Though I do pack up my stuff slowly so that after he passes in his test I get to have a few seconds with him.

"How did it go?" I ask him.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair ruffling it, "I don't know really. I mean, I think I did okay but I'm not so sure."

"You looked like you wanted to light the test on fire."

John laughs, "Oh you saw that look of hate did you?"

I laugh with him, "Yeah."

We walk out of the room together and just as I'm about to say something to John, Parker is there in front of me taking my books out of my arms.

"What are you doing?" I ask confused.

"I figured since we're dating and all I'd walk you to your next class."

I shake my head and try to get my books back, "It's one date Parker, that doesn't mean a long term commitment."

Parker grins, "Oh, are you a one night stand kind of girl? I could work with that." He goes to wrap his arm around my waist and I shove him off and grab my books.

"No, I'm not into that, and if you keep acting like this then you can bet your boots that there won't even be one date." Then as he stands there looking at me with a curious expression on his face- one that I don't quite understand- I turn and walk away.

I'm just about to turn the corner when I feel someones arm loop through mine, I'm about to shove them off when I hear Eve laugh, "Oh my gosh Jane, you're insane. You used to be so quiet and in just a few days you've turned into some witty fire ball."