Part 33 - I can't believe you

It's been over a week since Robert went to New York. Me and Jamie are good friends and spend our lunch breaks together. He is very helpful and smart which helps us to solve our cases. It was around 8 pm and I was home alone watching TV. I texted Robert an hour ago but he didn't reply me yet. That was weird. He usually replies quickly. Maybe he's too busy with his work. I pick my phone up and call him. It took him a while to answer but he finally did.

"Hello honey." he says with a deep and kind of sleepy voice.
"Were you sleeping? It's like 3 pm there." I ask confused.
"No I wasn't sleeping I just had a hangover yesterday that's all."
"You didn't tell me you were going out yesterday..."
"Yes I know. It happend suddenly."
"With who did you go out? Did you find any friends?"
"Actually I went out with Danielle and another friend."
"Oh you went out with her. What else did you do with her Robert?" I ask annoyed.
"Nothing baby. We did nothing I swear. I told you there's nothing going on between us."
Just when I was about to relpy I heard someone speaking.
"Baby come back to bed." I hear a woman's voice through the phone.
"What the f*ck Robert? Did you sleep with her? I can't believe you!" I was literally screaming at him.
"No no no baby please listen to me. It's not how it looks like let me explain please." he sounded worried.
"It's not how it looks like? Really? This is what you have to say? Enjoy your time with her Robert." I say and hang up the phone.

I started crying. I didn't know what to do. I can't believe what just happened. Robert was calling me again and again but I didn't answer. He texted me but I didn't even bother to read the messages. I needed someone to talk to. I called Karen but she didn't reply. I didn't know who else to call so I called Jamie and asked him if could come over to my place. He said yes and I gave him the adress. He said he would be here in 15 minutes.

I turned my phone off because it was driving me crazy. I opened a bottle of Vodka that we had in the kitchen and started drinking. After 15 minutes I heard the doorbell and opened the door finding Jamie.
"Oh my God Jennifer what's going on?" he says as he watches me like a mess.
I cried all over again and he hugged me and we both sat on the couch.
"I'm sorry I called you so late...I didn't mean to upset you." I said between my tears.
"Don't worry everything's fine. Do you want to tell me what happened? It will make you feel better. You don't have to if you don't want to."
"It's Robert... He cheated on me." I said and filled my glass with vodka again and drank half of it.
Jamie took the glass from my hand and placed it back on the table.
"Stop drinking. It's not going to fix anything. Are you sure he cheated on you? Tell me what happened"
"I texted him and he didn't reply so I called him and he said he went out yesterday with that client and a friend. While we were talking I heard her voice telling him to go back to bed. He started saying it's not how it looks like and that I should let him explain but I couldn't listen to him anymore. I turned off my phone because he wouldn't stop calling and texting."
"I'm so sorry Jennifer. I don't know what to say. Maybe you should let him explain before you jump to conclusions."
"I don't want to hear his voice Jamie. I just want to forget about him right now. Drinking helps with that.."
"I think you should take a shower and sleep. You can fix everything tomorrow."
"Listen Jamie. I will drink this" I say pointing to the bottle "and maybe another one. After that I will fall asleep without giving a f*ck about Robert. So you have two options. You can stay here and drink with me or you can leave and leave me alone to drink. What will you do?"
"C'mon you know I can't leave you here alone like this. I would be a terrible person."
"Sooo..let me bring you a glass to join me."
"Just for the record..I won't drink too much."
"More Vodka for me then!"

After several hours me and Jamie were sitting on the couch and we both were drunk but mostly me. I wasn't thinking of Robert anymore which means that Vodka helped. I stood on my feet and turned on the radio to listen to some music. The music was so loud that I couldn't hear anything else. I think Jamie was trying to convince me to stop dancing but I didn't stop. Eventually he started dancing with me. We were having so much fun and we were laughing and drinking without any hesitations. After some time we both felt very tired so we decided to sleep. He didn't need other clothes so I told him to sleep in the room next to mine. I slept in my bedroom as soon as I touched the bed.

The next morning I woke up and my head was hurting like crazy. I took an aspirin to calm the pain and prepared one for Jamie too because I bet he will need one when he wakes up. I put the aspirin and a glass of water on the nightstand next to Jamie's bed and I went back to the living room and sat on the couch. After a while I heard someone knocking on the door furiously and opened it. It was Robert. I couldn't believe it.
"Robert?"

A/N
Thank you for the likes and votes. Keep commenting and voting💕