Whoever this is won't know I'm this close. They may smell my herbs burning because that's a hard one to hide. I watched silently, inhaling hard as a shadow came to a stop in front of my door. I heard the door give just the smallest amount. I held my breathe as the door knob jiggled. They intend to come, they would be forced to knock.

    I wasn't giving my position away by asking who it is. I waited but nothing happened. I was still having problems sensing who could be creeping outside my door. I had already taken the precautions of laying salt and red brick dust at the doors and windows. Meaning if they meant me any harm they couldn't enter. Then there was a lite knocking.

“Mimi, are you woke? It's Devin, I heard screams.” My heart stopped at the sound of his voice. How did he hear me? The hunters rooms were on the opposite sides of the manor.

“Yes, it was just a bad dream.” Mixed with some dark desires I thought to myself. It's true this man made my blood run hot. All the way down to my throbbing core.

“You sounded as if someone was trying to kill you.”

“It's okay, all is good now.”

“May I come in?” I jumped up from my spot. I don't know if I would be able to control myself just the two of us. Before the thought was complete I had unlocked the door. Opening it partially and moving back to the other side of the room.

    Laying the half smoke herbs down on the nightstand. Turning around to face a sight only women like me dreamed about. Devin stood just on the inside of my door. He stepped further in closing the door behind him. He was wearing only loose fitting sweats and socks. Hot damn that body, he was tone. Muscles sculpted by God himself to perfection. His light brown hair fell just below his ears, framing his face just right. It looked a little messy as if he'd just climb out of bed. Oh what I wouldn't give to run my fingers thru it. Hell, I wanted to run my hands all over him. I let my eyes scan his body with no shame, until I met his eyes.

“I'm glad to see your feeling better.” Amusement filled his eyes but his face was unreadable. He was good at masking his feelings and emotions. It's usually easier for me to read people, they were always open books. Devin was a mystery I wanted to solve.

“Yes, I am feeling quite better. I haven't been myself for awhile now.”

    I couldn't bring myself to keep staring. So, I moved to go stand in front of the window. Pushing open the curtains, looking over the bayou that surrounds our manor. I felt movement behind me and a hand cupping my chin. The strong hand turned my head enough to look up at it's owner.

“Why did you turn away from me?” I couldn't even believe what was happening. Had I fallen back asleep. Suddenly I had the need to pinch my arm to see if I was awake.

“I just....”

“You don't need to hide from me. It's just me and you here.”

  He moved a step closer, dropping his hand from chin. I stood frozen in shock at the sensation, as his hand trailed down my arms. He unfolded them from my chest, as if I would protest. He pulled me into his own arms, hugging me tight. Lord have mercy this man is to much. I was able to rest my head on his shoulder. Lucky for me, he was tall, at least 6'6. Taking a hand an lifting my face to his again. I looked into the eyes as blue as the oceans an was drowning in them. That's when his lips crashed with mine.

   Things skyrocketed from there. It went from testing the waters to jumping in head first. He had me pinned to the nearest wall. Hands wondering over each others bodies. I couldn't form a coherent thought. He found the hem of my shirt tugging it up. His hands wondered over the bare skin of my back. I could feel him growing more excited an let me tell you it is huge. Taking his leg he moved my legs apart, fitting himself perfectly between them. Grinding up against my core, which is soaked ready and waiting. I could feel my body begging him for more.

“Aww, well isn't this nice.” I jumped at the sound of Micheal's voice.

    Dammit, really it would just be my luck. Devin on the other hand didn't move. He still hand me pinned to the wall when he turned his head to look over his shoulder. His stance had changed from seduction to possessive in two seconds. Was I missing a important clue here?

“Is there something you want?” Devin's voice came out husky with lust and aggitation.

“I just wanted to check and make sure that whatever made Mimi scream hadn't eaten you, too. Though I see that you plan to be the reason she's screaming.” He didn't even try to hide the teasing this time. “Maybe you should lock the door from now on. Remember don't stay up having to much fun. We have to finish what we started this morning.”

“Hmm, there's something I need to tell you guys.” I felt eyes fall on me. I moved, more squeezed, out from under Devin's arms. I didn't speak right away. I was afraid they would be disappointed that I had lied.

“What is it?” Devin had moved closer to me. He was watching me closely but his face was still a mask that told me nothing.

“I lied about needing to take our prisoners tongue, blood, and wolf spirit. I don't need none of those things to complete the ritual.”

“We know that, but it was a good touch.” Micheal was smiling at me like a proud parent. I finally risked looking up a Devin. He stood looking at me with pride. It radiated from him, it was the second time he had dropped his hard mask.

“I just wanted hurt him. I lost myself to the control it was giving me. It was a dark place, and I don't know if I want to go back there.” I couldn't look at either them an just started to make my way back to the window. When strong hands stopped me.

“You are now a Society Head. On top of that you also took on the role of hunter to save your sister. There hasn't been someone to do this in more that 300 years. Your stronger than most at your age. It's a thin line between right and wrong in our world. You just have to stay strong and follow your instincts.”

  Devin spoke like a man ten times his age, which didn't seem to be over 27. But hunters along with other supernaturals lived for long periods without having to worry about the aging process. He could be 70 to 100 years old and would still look to be in his twenties. I looked from man to man.

“What do you mean this hasn't happen in over 300 years?” Curiosity hadn't killed this cat yet. Devin turned to look out the window and Micheal seemed to be in his own world.

“Hello, earth to fellas. Is there something I should be scared of? What is it that you aren't telling me?”

    They know more than just that there was another Society Head, who also accepted the hunter role as well. They weren't leaving this room without telling me. With that thought in my mind I walked to my dresser. Finding what I was looking for I walked to the door and started drawing different symbols and markings. This would keep them in and anyone who tried to listen or disturb us away. They would forget why they came down the corridor. These two men were going to give me answers no more sidestepping.

“Mimi please calm down. It's nothing to be worried about.” I saw the quick exchange of unsure looks.

“Look, I'm tired of being kept in the dark. I just want to know what's going on with me. It just so happens you both know more than your willing to tell. Now lets sit down and relax. Looks like we're going to be here for a while.”

    I walked over to the couch and love seat waiting for the fellas to join me. Devin moved first, coming to take a seat at the other end of the couch. He was back to his nonchalant demeanor. When just a minute ago he had me pinned up out of nowhere, toying with me.

    Snapping out of my personal thoughts I glanced around to find Micheal sitting opposite me. He wore a grave expression, that chilled me down to the bone. Unlike Devin, Micheal had no problem letting me read him. I could feel the anxiety and fear rolling off him. Then it hit me, he was letting me read him. There was warning embedded in it. I locked eyes with him and the realization of whom he was terrified made my heart stop. It was me, I put fear in the soul of a hunter, the fearless of fearless.

#################

I hope your enjoying the story. I'm really trying to get all to come together. So, please comment and vote to let me know what you like and don't like. Thanks so much for taking the time out to read my story.  Also want to thank a fellow wattpadder for the encouraging words she gave me when I first started this story. micheledrier thank you.